Gunco Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have instructions or a diagram on how to disassemble a bakelite ak bayonet? I want to gunkote the blade and would like not to put the entire handle in the oven.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Triangle 66 said:
They are not made to be taken apart.
Neither were AK47's otherwise they wouldnt press them together. Anybody with anything helpful?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
That was for an AK74 but should be close..It is late and IAM tired if that dont help let me know.............

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My only problem is, how does the pomel disconnect from the bakelite handle? The sum'bitch doesnt appear to want to come off. Ive removed the bayo latch and the second screw from the pomel so Im out of ideas. Damn, I wish I could read cyrillic. The '74 bayo and '47 bayo seem to have a slightly different design. The one I have has the izevsk markings on it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
How did you remove the Bayo latch?:confused: My Romys latch is sticking,soaked it for days and it still doesnt work right.It needs removed and cleaned.

bloodsport2885 said:
My only problem is, how does the pomel disconnect from the bakelite handle? The sum'bitch doesnt appear to want to come off. Ive removed the bayo latch and the second screw from the pomel so Im out of ideas. Damn, I wish I could read cyrillic. The '74 bayo and '47 bayo seem to have a slightly different design. The one I have has the izevsk markings on it.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Man i look on my file server and I cannot find the one for the 47 .Sorry man ....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anybody have instructions or a diagram on how to disassemble a bakelite ak bayonet? I want to gunkote the blade and would like not to put the entire handle in the oven.
I know this is really late, but I came across this page while googling and I thought I should provide a solution for what worked for me.

So this past weekend I was able to take the bakelite handle off of my romanian bayonet. There's a total of four plugs for these bayonets, two on each side. The plugs are set in there with glue, I used a flat had screw driver and hammer to break them up and remove them. On the side of the bayonet that has the button to release attachment to the bayonet lug, the two plugs on that side have flat head screws underneath them. Once I unscrewed them, the two part bakelite handle came off. So to disassemble the handle, you really only have to remove two of the plugs on the correct side. I pretty much destroyed the plugs when I removed them, but rest of the handle is still fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is really late, but I came across this page while googling and I thought I should provide a solution for what worked for me.

So this past weekend I was able to take the bakelite handle off of my romanian bayonet. There's a total of four plugs for these bayonets, two on each side. The plugs are set in there with glue, I used a flat had screw driver and hammer to break them up and remove them. On the side of the bayonet that has the button to release attachment to the bayonet lug, the two plugs on that side have flat head screws underneath them. Once I unscrewed them, the two part bakelite handle came off. So to disassemble the handle, you really only have to remove two of the plugs on the correct side. I pretty much destroyed the plugs when I removed them, but rest of the handle is still fine.
You can always make a plug out of wood or plastic once you are done with the repair.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts