Gunco Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Interesting thread. I was kinda suprised, though: I thought that many corporations bribed - oops! Sorry. Made contributions to - both parties as a way to hedge their bets. Yet I don't see where anyone did that.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some do, some don't. Most cross over is at a more local level.

When you want corporate welfare or bailouts you go to the Dems because you will get a bigger bang for the buck.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
That's interesting. I always thought WalMart was pro-Clinton. Maybe it was just on our local level. 'Cause every time I went into Sam's they had a new pic of Hitlery hanging on the wall.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Preacher said:
That's interesting. I always thought WalMart was pro-Clinton. Maybe it was just on our local level. 'Cause every time I went into Sam's they had a new pic of Hitlery hanging on the wall.

She's on their board and Jessie Jackson is on the board of Clear Channel which got one of our local big mouth radio hosts in hot water a few weeks ago.

It troubles me that these types of people get on the boards of corporations. What do either of those people know about running a sucessful corp?

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
She's on their board and Jessie Jackson is on the board of Clear Channel which got one of our local big mouth radio hosts in hot water a few weeks ago.

It troubles me that these types of people get on the boards of corporations. What do either of those people know about running a sucessful corp?
Well she did run a 2-term Presidency although I wouldn't call it successful.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SangRun Hunter said:

Window dressing traditionally and in the modern era, a lot of it has to do with diversity and social type considerations.

Most people on a board are useless. If you get one or two outside directors that make a valuable contribution you are way ahead of the game.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Custer said:
Window dressing traditionally and in the modern era, a lot of it has to do with diversity and social type considerations.

Most people on a board are useless. If you get one or two outside directors that make a valuable contribution you are way ahead of the game.
Well put, Custer. That has been my experience.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:

Sang, she resigned from the board of directors for Wal-Mart in 1992.
After all, tough to suck up to the Unions when you are on the Wal-Mart BOD.
The current members of the BOD for Wal-Mart are:

James W. Breyer | M. Michele Burns | Thomas M. Coughlin | David D. Glass | Roland A. Hernandez | John D. Opie | J. Paul Reason | H. Lee Scott, Jr | Jack C. Shewmaker | Jose H. Villarreal | John T. Walton | S. Robson Walton | Christopher J. Williams

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Thanks Custer! And I'm glad to see I can keep wearing my black Fruit Of The Loom pocket T-shirts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts