Gunco Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I played with the end and found out it is screwed in. I'm not sure yet if it's soldered but it got me thinking. If the end was removed a piece of 1" OD pipe could be inserted and shaped to make a pretty good looking compliance part. Read a ATF letter somewhere where substantial modification qualified. You would only have to add an inch or two to make it work. Like the bell on the Krink. Anybody tried this?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Steelcore1964 said:
:useless:
LOL!!! As soon as I get this thing figured out I'll post some. Have an easy out wedged it the end now. If that don't get it loose it's torch time! I don't see any reason then MB that came with it can't be extended to a good looking brake. Everybody seems to only work on the other end.

The end was easy to get off. I wrapped the flats in masking tape and clamped it in my vise. I heated the end with a MAPP gas torch and it poofed a little smoke before it could turn red. The easyout turned the end cap right out. I quenched both parts quickly and had to smack the end of the easyout w/ a hammer to make it clear the end cap. I took the body of the MB to ACE hardware and started screwing in bolts to find the thread size. Surprise, standard 1/2" black iron pipe screws in. A little slack, but pipe fitters dies can be adjusted out to make a tighter fit.

The brass 1/2" water fittings turned in tight and seized up but looked like shit. Now I have to find a piece of 1" steel tubing with heavy walls that I can turn a shoulder down and have threaded. Guy at ACE hardware said he'd charge me $1.50 to do it. I'll have to leave a couple inches of extra on, but I can Dremel it off with a cutoff wheel. After I get the tubing to fit I'll use my torch to weld it and then grind it down. Now to look at pictures of muzzle breaks and choose a style. The 30 bucks I saved will be spent at the new Harbor Freight store opening up in Saginaw. Need another set of bolt cutters and a stamp set so I can put my name and USA on my new muzzle break. BTW, anyone near that store, they have 20 ton hydraulic H presses for $169.95 on sale. Electronic digital calipers are $19.95. Grand opening sales are good.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Wheres the pics? Surely it is finished by now.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
snazi said:
If the end was removed a piece of 1" OD pipe could be inserted and shaped to make a pretty good looking compliance part....
This is incorrect, It will still be an imported part.
This may help you out concerning barrel length, but does not help your parts count

·
Registered
51 Posts
are you talking about a extention that would go between the barrel and brake to make it the legal length? If so there out the for about $10

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Exile said:
are you talking about a extention that would go between the barrel and brake to make it the legal length? If so there out the for about $10
No, He is talking about extending it in the other direction, from the front of the brake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts