Gunco Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an E.German underfolder kit. Looking forward to the build. But going through the listings I am amazed what some think their weapons are worth. I saw an Alby SKS for over three hundred bucks and no picture. Lots of Chinese, note worthy SKSs with the paratroopers leading the prices. There are Romanian SARs that are in the four hundred area. Can't figure it out. Any thoughts? Jack :confused: :dunno:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
did you notice if they were getting bids for thies prices? or are they just listed high and no bidders. Hell I have a romanian sar1 I would sell for $400. Any takers

·
Registered
681 Posts
I find that some items on GB are hit-or-miss... some things are priced right, and it seems that some people are searching for an idiot with the high-dollar stuff... just my thoughts on it...:confused:

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
yeah, hit or miss indeed! I've tried to use that site as an indicator as to what market value my C-Mag possesses and it fluctuates from $550 up to $750, depending on who knows what.

It has been my experience that most auction sites will have things over-priced and lots of times the guys will usually take a lower-priced offer if you mail them directly...

·
Registered
582 Posts
hotbarrel said:
did you notice if they were getting bids for thies prices? or are they just listed high and no bidders. Hell I have a romanian sar1 I would sell for $400. Any takers
$400 SOUNDS GOOD. Will you take $400 Australian dollars.... :naughty:

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
hcpookie said:
... I've tried to use that site as an indicator as to what market value my C-Mag possesses and it fluctuates from $550 up to $750 ...-QUOTE]

Pookie,

You've got a C-mag, cool, man I'd love to have one.

The big question you have to ask yourself is, What will it be worth in September?

I'm starting to see pre-bans drop like a rock.
I just bought four full cap Glock 19 mags at a show recently.
These are absolutely mint, original Glocks for $25 ea. as recently as a few months ago they were fetching $75 to $85.

I would have bought more, but I firmly believe in September I'll be able to buy them brand new, all day long for under $20.

Well, that and the fact that I have way too many already.

I haven't seen any C-mags lately, but the last one I did see, was priced at $495.

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Yeah, the feed tower is a carbon-graphite wonder and it wears out really fast. I think the idea is the extra lubricity (love saying that) compared to a metal feed tower.

ATF has ruled that creating a new feed tower = construction of a high cap mag so you'll see only feed towers for HK's .223 rifle (the '53 I think) and for Steyr-AUGs go for a good sum. I think ATF also said you can't swap them from one gun to another, so if you see an AUG C-MAG then you can't swap w/ an AR feed tower, etc. I think.

IMO the towers wear pretty fast and is a good reason not to have one. The tips of the bullets dig little grooves in the graphite and this is obviously weakening the tower. Of course I hear these are brittle enough to crack if you drop them on pavement from arm-height so who knows. Now that I think about it I don't remember what the refurb maintenance threshold is, but I think it's 5,000 rounds (50 loads). After September I may toy with an AR mag to see if it would even work as a metal feed tower. I feel lucky that the guy sold the extra towers w/the mag.

So far its had 300 rounds through it, if you were to believe the previous owner who said he's only put 100 roudns through it. I plan to up that number to 400 or 500 tomorrow afternoon!!! :thumbup1:

- Jerry

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
I learned something new today, that's what I love about exchanging thoughts and ideas with you guys.

I'm hoping to get to the range myself tomorrow.

·
Registered
45 Posts
There are some good buys on GunBroker, but there's a ton of dealers too. The guys who want $400 for SARs are the dealers.

JoeLad :D

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
You can get some good deals on there, but most of the time it is average.
I use gunbroker as a estimate on what a gun is worth.
I look on there and see what the last 5 or 6 of that model sold for.
It gives me a idea what mine is worth.

I have sold 2 items on gunbroker, 1 I got market value, and then other went for lowest bid which was my cost.

CHARLES

1 - 13 of 13 Posts