Gunco Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided my first build will be a boltcutter rivet build AK74 (preferably plum!!!)(If you are going to dream, dream big!!:thumbup1: ). Question = Where would you suggest as the Best place to buy Aan K74 kit and/or an AK74 receiver Flat?? Thanks, Bill.:thankyou:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,856 Posts
C&R Bill said:
I have decided my first build will be a boltcutter rivet build AK74 (preferably plum!!!)(If you are going to dream, dream big!!:thumbup1: ). Question = Where would you suggest as the Best place to buy Aan K74 kit and/or an AK74 receiver Flat?? Thanks, Bill.:thankyou:

Let me just say that my AK-74 was a lot more difficult to build than my AMD-63. I'm very glad that I happened to build the AMD-63 first. It gave me the experiance I needed to complete the AK-74 build. It's nice to dream big but sometimes reason is needed. Now I'm not saying that your not capable of building the AK-74 first but my experiance is that to learn to run you need to walk a little.

Now I haven't built 30 or 40 AK's, just the two mentioned, but I am trying to let other BIY'ers know that there is a difference in building one kit from another. If you do decide to go ahead and build the AK-74 first, and you run into problems, just come to this site. The knowledge is great and everyone is willing to help.

I bought my 74 Plum kit from K-VAR. I had to return it do to some damage to the front trunnion. The second kit was nice. The blank receiver was an ACE. Their template is on the money as far as the holes go but it's set up for the AK-47 build. I worked out the correct magwell opening and it's posted in the forum library (a lot of information there).

"Click On Picture To Enlarge"
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,143 Posts
contact dpharms - I think he still has plum -74 kits and also I am pretty sure he has some flats for sale.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,900 Posts
Nice pics TK,

I see so many post pics with almost no thought given to the background or proper cropping.
Ending up with a pic of the whole living room (very distracting) and the rifle ending up so small, you can barely see it.
The accessories are also a nice touch.

I figure if it's worth posting, it's worth taking a extra 5 minutes to make the pic nice.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
733 Posts
C&R Bill said:
I have decided my first build will be a boltcutter rivet build AK74 (preferably plum!!!)(If you are going to dream, dream big!!:thumbup1: ). Question = Where would you suggest as the Best place to buy Aan K74 kit and/or an AK74 receiver Flat?? Thanks, Bill.:thankyou:

I've got some 74 kits left but all of the plums are spoken for unless someone backs out. I have wood kits $189 + sh and 74 kits with krink style folding stocks for $299 + sh.

I also carry the flats but if you are they are set up for a 47 mag and a 74 mag will fit a little loose.

Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
825 Posts
DPH arms said:
I've got some 74 kits left but all of the plums are spoken for unless someone backs out. I have wood kits $189 + sh and 74 kits with krink style folding stocks for $299 + sh.

I also carry the flats but if you are they are set up for a 47 mag and a 74 mag will fit a little loose.

Scott
Scott,
Do you have any AK-47 rear trunions? I hate to fill the holes on flats when using AK-74 rear trunions.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
733 Posts
gtbehary said:
Scott,
Do you have any AK-47 rear trunions? I hate to fill the holes on flats when using AK-74 rear trunions.

I do not have any rear trunions right now. I dont know why but I cannot find a source for bulk ordering them that will let me get in them at a price that is good for me and good for you guys.

Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why was the 74 a harder build??

Toten Kopf said:
Let me just say that my AK-74 was a lot more difficult to build than my AMD-63. "
Why???

BTW, Sweet plum 74!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup1:
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top