Gunco Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to embark on my first build......an AMD65 kit, and I am trying to nail down the particulars, such as What would be the best receiver [flat?] to use for this kit?.

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
ORF is Ohio Rapid Fire:) I have used Ohio Ordnance Works recievers on two builds and seen them used on two others. They take a little work but are pretty easy to get, and you do not have to deal with Vulcan/JoeKen. You may have heard of Horn receivers...I think they are a myth...but again JoeKen, so who knows:) Aresenal USA also makes some receivers and should be debuting their 1mm soon. Other than that they offer the 1.6mm recievers and you will have to shave the trunions.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I used a Global on my last build and it worked great . It is a stamped receiver built to mill spec . One thing tho it is pricy and you have to buy mill spec parts for most of it......But dam is it stout no flex at all.......

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
more questions.....barrel length is only 12.5", am I going to need to extend that? how is that done? with a longer muzzle brake?..

btw, does anyone have a link to Global?

Thanks, Ron.

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
G you will have to extend the barrel on an AMD-65 build. You can do this by simly adding an extension that must be permantly attached at both ends, or you can buy the one peice Tapco extended break and silver solder or weld it on. You may check Scott at DPH Arms to see if he has any.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys......looks like I'll be going with a OOW receiver and a Tapco extended brake......I'm starting to have fun with this:thumbup1:

·
Registered
20 Posts
The best part of the OOW receiver is that they are "registered", that is you buy them as a firearm through a FFL so you can sell the gun any time you want without having to worry about BATF ruling that your a manufacturer.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've decided to go a different route and ordered this from tapco.....seems like a decent deal.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well. there are couple people in this area with jig's.....so I'll probably borrow a jig, and I have access to a 16 ton press as well.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Ohio Rapid Fire will be making and selling a 1mm properly heated treated receiver sometime in 2005.

At least that is what Todd the owner of ORF said over at AK47.com yesterday or today?

Tomorrow when I go to pick something special up from him for Gunco I will find out more info if he is so inclined.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
D'oh!......already ordered and payed for......the one I ordered comes with rivets, center support, and double hook trigger group though.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SangRun Hunter said:
Ohio Rapid Fire will be making and selling a 1mm properly heated treated receiver sometime in 2005.

At least that is what Todd the owner of ORF said over at AK47.com yesterday or today?

Tomorrow when I go to pick something special up from him for Gunco I will find out more info if he is so inclined.
why do I get the feeling that tomorrow or so......I am going to be banging my head against my computer desk?:bangin:

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Gwitness said:
why do I get the feeling that tomorrow or so......I am going to be banging my head against my computer desk?:bangin:
Naw, from what he said he's not quite ready to produce it yet. He's so damn busy I would imagine it will be a while before his receiver is on the market.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yosuthnmasa said:
What will you be using to bend it?
I note that on my exploration of this site that you have a jig that you may be willing to lend.......if so , let me know the particulars.
Thanks, Ron.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts