Gunco Forums banner

Better Day Today

472 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Custer 
#1 ·
We received delivery on a new piece of production equipment last night. A state of the art plasma cutter. Probably the biggest capital investment we hae ever made in one piece of equipment.

It is being installed right now and we might be making our first production parts over the weekend. These installers are top notch, hard working guys.
A real contrast to the POS bricklayers that were doing our building expansion. Thankfully, they finished yesterday.

#2 ·
Hey Custer, is your company publicly listed on a stock exchange? If not, where can one get stock information?

#3 ·
Kewl I really like plasma cutters. Is it one of those HUGE ones that can cut very very large patterns? Where it follows a template? I have only used one of those a few times. But they really did a nice job. I had one that was portable and I always thought, It's a good thing the Gang Bangers didn't know about the 110 portable ones cause the tagging they could do with one of those.

Custer glad today is goin better.

#5 ·
Clay, we are privately held.

Our old burning machine (oxy fuel) used the template method. We upgraded it to PC "fly by wire" last year. We will still use it for less precise applications.

The new plasma machine is also digital. It also has an oxy fuel torch head.

It can do plate or sheet up to 10'x20'. It can cut any thickness but we would probably never go over 4" and most of the time it would be 2" or 3" or less.

If you get too thick, you are better off using the oxy burner rather than the plasma.

We will probably buy a laser cutter one of these days.

Aviator, I always wanted an orange grove but I will have to retire first. Mostly having too much fun to retire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.