Gunco Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently fired my friend's AR pistol with a binary trigger and liked it. It can be fired single shot, or a shot when the trigger is pulled and then again when released. Essentially a built in double tap.

The trigger kit is pricey, but then again so are plenty of other firearm accessories.

Anyone have any experience with putting one on an AK-47?

·
aka: SDK1968
7,749 Posts
YEP the one from Fanklin Armory. its exactly the same performance as the AR version. just a longer part & harder to come by.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YEP the one from Fanklin Armory. its exactly the same performance as the AR version. just a longer part & harder to come by.
I'll take a look at that one. Thanks!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Franklin Armory is the creator of the binary trigger mechanism. Just a few thoughts before you jump in.....waiting months not sure why as the distributors are loaded with these, and the price is coming down now. The second topic....is you better check your local and state laws, as they are illegal as in not allowed in many states now. Where legal, most ranges will not let you shoot a rifle with these installed. It is essentially a two shot burst mechanism, yet controlled by your finger and a mechanical switch. Fine line indeed being straddled. Sure its a cool factor and fun, but that will wear off. You'll burn through what is now getting ti be expensive ammo. Here is the rub. Once you install, Franklin Armory is now released of any legal liability! We are all human and we do make judgement mistakes, or just plain forget a nuance and that's where bad things can happen. Very bad things....your distracted, forget and then rifle placement, let off trigger and boom. Whether its you, a friend, the wife, children, relatives, the family dog. There is a saying I created, "You only get one accidental discharge if you own a gun!" Putting these in your gun just exponentially increased that factor by x 1000. Increasing the cycle rate of a semi automatic by its cycling repeatability in this manner, changes the users physical and mental control of the weapon that most are not familiar or unaccustomed. As the old saying goes "If you play with matches, your going to get burned!" I'm not a fan of these as all, as it takes just one forgetful moment and that last round is actually still in the chamber, let off and god forbid. Thank you for reading this post. Be safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts