Gunco Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on a bipod for a ROMAK? I think I am going to break down and by a scope as well. I shared the idea with 1-Pat and he suggested the $79.00 scope from Centerfire (I'm trying to keep it some what original, heavy emphysis on "some what") Jack

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
Jack-- I think it's definitely the gun to have a scope on.

Its long-range potential and of course the fact that I can no longer see iron sights, make it a no-brainer for me.

And the scope's a lot cheaper than laser eye surgery. :)

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Winn R said:
Jack-- I think it's definitely the gun to have a scope on.

Its long-range potential and of course the fact that I can no longer see iron sights, make it a no-brainer for me.

And the scope's a lot cheaper than laser eye surgery. :)

Winn, what are your thoughts on bipods?

·
Registered
16 Posts
the bipod i am putting on mine will be the Harris series S, model LM with the NO. 2R FLANGE NUT which consists of a contoured plate which fits into the inside of the lower hand guard and the quick detach stud screws into it for a secure mount.

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
scubadvr said:
Winn, what are your thoughts on bipods?
Jack

I'm not a fan of a bipod mounted directly on the barrel, particularly at the end of the barrel, like the RPK.

If I'm firing a RPK for accuracy, I'll set the front handgrip on a sandbag and never use the bipod.

The rigs similar to the AR where the bipod is mounted on a pin that does not stress the barrel make a lot more sense, however I don't own one so I really don't know firsthand what the performance would be.

I suppose bottom line is I've never mounted one on a rifle that did not already have one mounted.

·
Master Endmill Breaker
1,367 Posts
A threaded insert under the trunnion would have been a great spot for mounting a bipod, but Centerfire decided that was the best spot for the damn serial numbers.

You could always recess a t-nut into the handguard near the receiver and have the bipod attach there.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
that centerfire scope is great and for the price hard to beat, allready caled for 7.62x54 nice rite , get one before they are gone. All i did was file some off the bottom of the scope rail and it fit nice. the bottom lock nut is still fine

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
Gunny -- where do you get all the cool toys?

And now that I think about it, Wyoming was about the only place where I generally saw bypods getting used.

I figure it must be because the ground don't often get muddy. But I never got used to the amount of time it took me to find a blade of grass to chew.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
With prairy dog stew ya don't need to eat grass :dunno:

Good to see you back, eveything OK with you and yours?

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
I remember eating those prairie chicken birds; sort of like eating a Sage Bush but tougher.

Kinda had some concerns about a daughter-- she's going to be OK but there is a chance she will not perpetuate a gene pool that includes me. I try to explain that in a positive sense.

And Jack' s the only lawyer in my life that I really like.

But everyday above ground's a good day. Hope the bushes out your way are turning green. And I was particularly fond of your country because of the way it would stretch the eyes.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Glad to hear all are doing well or near there.

It's an old indian trick, you see, the grass is hard to find.
One learns to to let the little animals do all the work of finding it.
Then one eats the little animals.
The "Little Red Hen" story with a slight twist.

The bad guys win. :dunno:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts