Gunco Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will someone please recommend a place to buy some nice synthetic black furniture for my sar-2?If u have web sights i would appreciate it.Im sorry but the ruff, mismatched wood,with a nail, on my sar-2 just dont cut it.It is however a very nice rifle to shoot.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
RASPUTIN said:
Will someone please recommend a place to buy some nice synthetic black furniture for my sar-2?If u have web sights i would appreciate it.Im sorry but the ruff, mismatched wood,with a nail, on my sar-2 just dont cut it.It is however a very nice rifle to shoot.
I think RPB may be able to help you. Try them at www.rpbusa.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AK-74Freak said:
I think that www.k-varcorp.com is the best source for the synthetic AK furniture right now.
Yeh thanx u guys. i looked there.will Bulgarian synthetic furniture fit on my romanian sar-2?...i think they use that on sam-7[not sure] but thats what im thinkin.think it will fit??

·
Registered
76 Posts
They sell the bulgy synthetic furniture for both stamped and milled AK's. You need set:

AK-001BX ~ Bulgarian AK-47 Stock Set ~ For Stamped Receiver $69.99

this set will be the one you need for your sar-2.

·
Registered
76 Posts
forgot to mention that the black plastic pistol grip that came on your sar-2 counts as one of your U.S parts. When you install the bulgy buttstock & handguards, you will need to still use your original p-grip to keep your rifle legal per 18usc 922r. Shouldn't be a problem since it will match the rest of the stockset anyway.

Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AK-74Freak said:
forgot to mention that the black plastic pistol grip that came on your sar-2 counts as one of your U.S parts. When you install the bulgy buttstock & handguards, you will need to still use your original p-grip to keep your rifle legal per 18usc 922r. Shouldn't be a problem since it will match the rest of the stockset anyway.

Mike
.......hey thanks alot Mike!Talk about leading a horse to water! :thankyou: .....yes i'll watch that pistol grip.think i'll order this set monday.for some reason with a nice wood set i feel like i gotta watch and not scratch it.this synthetic set should work perfect.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Question for ak-74 freak

Im wondering if you have an opinion on what the best trigger is for this rifle?I would like to say that i like 2 stage i think it's better for me.i had a ssr-56-2 once and that trigger would seem to surprise me now and then and I didnt like it tho my friend loved it. I own a vepr k[i like this trigger better] and it has a more positive pause after the take up.Is something similar available? thanx again

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
RASPUTIN said:
Im wondering if you have an opinion on what the best trigger is for this rifle?I would like to say that i like 2 stage i think it's better for me.i had a ssr-56-2 once and that trigger would seem to surprise me now and then and I didnt like it tho my friend loved it. I own a vepr k[i like this trigger better] and it has a more positive pause after the take up.Is something similar available? thanx again
Red Star makes a two stage trigger assembly, not cheap, but it is a real gem. It is also adjustable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts