Gunco Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about done with my first build. It's a polish kit on a vulcan receiver put together with screws. It went together really easy with all the holes lining up perfectly. I just used a big ol'hammer and a couple of blocks of wood, along with some carefully applied enthusiasm to nudge the barrel into place. The barrel headspace pin went in without too much trouble as well.

The problem that I'm having is that the bottom right edge of the bolt seems to be hitting and binding on the right feed lip of the magazine. With no mag in the gun it works freely. Someone mentioned that this could be due to a problem with the left rail. Left lower rail maybe? I'm not sure why this would be the case since that rail doesn't seem to be in the way at all.

I can probably send pics tonight after work if someone would be willing to take a look.

I have a feeling this is a common problem, but this is my first build so it's new to me. Aside from this issue there are only a couple minor fitting problems and this gun will be ready to rock'n'roll. :rockin:

(.):nanabang:(.)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I may be off base here but this is something to check. make shure the lower rails line up with the trunion. Their should be a smooth transition from rails to trunion any step will cause binding or stop everything. I realize this is not the mag but it is something to check. Another thing I would have to ask is did you install the selector stop between the reciever and the trigger guard. again something easy to check. without the stop in between things will not go well for you.
the photos will be a big help to evryone trying to help too :smile:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it working now. I took just a tiny amount off the edge of the ejector. Apparently the ejector was forcing the bolt into the right feed lip of the magazine. It functions just fine now.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
that is great news :) I bet you had some fun today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts