Gunco Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first AK build, I went with the AMD 65 kit from classic firearms, and purchased a 80% receiver from Ak builder. I have been following all the tutorials and other jazz and have searched long and hard about finding an answer to my question to no avail. I can't get the bolt into the rifle nor will it charge if the hammer is in. The collide with each other. I have placed the hammer at the location designated by the giant X. The hammer, trigger, and safety all line up. When the hammer is not in the rifle the bolt slides freely. Has anyone encountered this and know a fix?

Thank you,

Milk Monkey IMG_2004.jpg IMG_2003.jpg IMG_2002.jpg

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
It looks from the photo like the bolt is not positioned right in the carrier. Push it toward the front of the carrier and make sure the slanted lug on the top is in the corresponding slot in the carrier. It should have the bottom of the locking lugs riding on the interior rails.

Also, the hammer pin looks like it is not fully inserted into the receiver.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Make sure your bolt is in the carrier right before putting into the receiver. Bolt should look like this before sliding it into the receiver.

·
aka: SDK1968
7,724 Posts
they jumped all over this super quick.

it happens.

Reactions: Tommo

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Everyone has to start someplace.
Right & we all don't start with the same ability or knowledge. So a little help goes a long way, I had to have help when I first started building. And I feel I should pass the knowledge along to others. Getting some to accept the knowledge in another thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts