Gunco Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my first visit to Gunco and I begin, unfortunately, with a warning .
I'm putting a Galil together from parts and decided to get a new bolt and bolt carrier. E-mailed Botach to confirm they still had stock. Ordered parts, money paid. Received parts in 72 hours. I was really impressed----until I picked up the package and opened it. No bolt carrier. Called BOTACH, spoke to multiple people ,some of whom were the same people, but used different names. Eventually they acknowledged they had " forgotten " the bolt carrier and would ship immediately. Overnight delivery, as it was their mistake. Requested tracking number, which they said would be e- mailed to me. Twelve calls over three days and multiple hang ups --No bolt carrier, no return calls, no tracking number, yet they still have my money.
I don't know who these people are, first time and last time I'll attempt to do business with them. They obviously operate with deception in mind and appear to have no problem with the lies they tell. I guess other people on some of the other boards have also had issues . Be warned.:rant:
Great site, by the way.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
That really sucks, I remember there was a site back in the day that was advertising outragously prices on stuff and they were doing what you described below.

No one ever answered the phone on that one.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Welcome PullThru 1948!! Sorry to hear you got the run around and I hope they come through with your parts. They have a real spotty reputation, which is a shame as their prices are pretty good on IMI stuff. I was warned away from them over on the Galil/Valmet board. There are some folks that have had no problems with them but the folks that do tell a story very simular to yours.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the Welcome. They apologised today and said they had, in error, shipped USPS. However, they would ship a duplicate part today, UPS , " just to make sure " and send me the tracking number . Eight hours later, no tracking number. I am not a dishonest person, but I am having wicked thoughts of what to do if I do receive duplicate parts. I'll send one back---eventually !!.I suspect though ,it's just more smoke.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Parts finally arrived.Someone called Vilma got involved after I told them I'm calling my attorney and then the CA. attorney generals office. They sent one bit too many , so now they're on my case to return it ASAP. Priceless !!
Never again !!!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I have read enough bad reports about them to know never to deal with them.

the BBB rates these assclowns a F.......there are 31 unanswered inquires about them........and that is just from the ones who bothered to file a complaint about them.......no telling how many more got screwed by these assclowns that didn't file a complaint about them.........lessons learned, don't deal with them, and tell other folks who might be thinking about buying from them not to. it always chaps my ass to see bussiness like these ripping off folks.

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportExtensionPage.aspx?CompanyID=13117095&sm=#ComplaintExperience

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
I've had reports from people I work with that you can't be in a hurry with them. So *IF* you try them, be warned your CC will be charged that day, but the product probably wont' ship for some time. They do the OLD way of orders and it is frustrating to see they haven't followed the "better vendors" example and abandoned their JIT (Just In Time) ordering practices.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I had ordered some simple spring type mag clamps... yeah.. instant hit on the CC and then the three week wait. I called after that and was given the.. that's just how we do business.. "they were shipped this morning so you can't cancel your order, just return them, but you will pay shipping both ways and a restocking fee"

Forget it, first and last!

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Longboat, like I said, the "old" way of ordering - remember it wasn't that long ago when the phrase "please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery" was a common thing. Not trying to defend them, just saying it isn't "too" bad. I've heard only once about a wrong/bad product being shipped. FWIW.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ive ordered Galil parts through them many times. Iv'e always gotten exactely what I ordered and in a timely manner. Then I hear from others about their unfortunate experiences. Don't know what to say about it, other than I guess its a hit and miss ? :confused:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problem. Its that kind of thing that can't help but put a dark cloud over our hobby. On the flip side welcome to the board. Jack

1 - 15 of 15 Posts