Gunco Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went all the way into the city and bought a few sections of stainless to make pistons from. I spent a lot of bucks on round stock. :eek: . so I can make the pistons you guys want and need.
Now if I could do something about the cold. the other night I was working and it was about 10 degrees out and I could not shut off the heater, after a few hours I was getting F-ed up from the exhaust. I definatly could not run the vent fan to even draw out the smoke from the lathe tool cooling oil. cough cough.
We will have warmer days off and on here so I will just work around the weather till spring. If I get a good day in the near future I will try to get a stock built up. what do you guys think I should make ahead mostly AK74 or AMD65 or standard AK. as of now I have about a dozzen, 74 pistons made.
another note is I got the stamp set you guys wanted !! I was worried how a flat stamp would work on a round shaft. turns out they look ok!! not as good as a roll stamp but prety good, so I will try to give you guys a stamp as you requested. I would like to up the price one dollar as I said in the "vote" thread, do you guys feel that this is still an acceptable deal to have them stamped, A total of $15 per piston even totaly custom sizes delivered anyware in the U.S.? please give me feedback :thankyou: hotbarrel

·
Registered
681 Posts
:kick: I saw an ad in Uncle Henry's for an oil-fired hot air furnace with ductwork. the category was FREE FOR THE TAKING. I called Thurs. morning, but it was already gone. I would have happily sold it to you.....

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have been happy to buy it.
I went to American steel and bought a bunch. man 304 stainless is not cheap. no it did not come from gus. he was out. hahaha

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
$15, that's way to much, but I would give you $14.99.

Not a bad deal on any custom made part HB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts