Gunco Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Class 1 holders have to turn in their bound books when going out of buis. or not renewing their lic. C&R holders (3) do not have to turn them in. But... are we still required to keep them if we do not renew? If so, how long?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, thanks for the reply ptannjr. I have looked through all my stuff and can't find the answer. You have to be carefull with those in power,as you well know. Thanks again!

·
Yo, what up my Ninja!
800 Posts
With the way the BATFE changes firearm classifications whenever they feel like I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to get rid of ANY records though. You never know when you may be asked to provide any info on past purchases. With them...you just never know. I just keep mine locked up in my safe and forget about it. It doesn't take up that much room.

·
Registered
14,032 Posts
I don't know an exact answer either but I'd play it like tax papers. What is it a least 5 years? Like Gman said, it doesn't take up much room.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will do! Makes sense. Thanks for the replys. I would still like to know the 'official' answer though. If any of you find out, let us know. Thanks again.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Storch said:
Will do! Makes sense. Thanks for the replys. I would still like to know the 'official' answer though. If any of you find out, let us know. Thanks again.
Contact the BATF in writing and ask them and then you'll have an offical answer and share it with us. :thumbup1:

·
Administrator
4,813 Posts
03 FFL holders that decide to not renew their FFL when it is time can simply not renew and walk away. There is no time period of record retention required.

01 FFL holders such as myself have to retain records for 20 years.....

·
Administrator
4,813 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts