Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, a few decades ago, I was the vice President of my fraternity. I was in charge of making sure that if there was more than 1 brother out and about, we have them be aware of each other’s presence.

What we would do, if we were in a nightclub or in some other public venue, we used to do something called the brothers call. It was a goofy song that help to alert all the other fraternity brothers in the facility so they could all get together join arms and continue the ritual until everyone that was in the facility has linked up. It makes a lot more sense if you have had a few adult beverages under your belt .

I thought I would bring this tradition back, and see how many all timers are still on the site. I know many of you are still here, just not posting as much, just wanted to see who is still here and who is not.

I was one of the first on this site. Not exactly sure where I am in the first to arrive here line up, But I know it was the first hundred. I was invited here by the late great Sang Run Hunter. Since then, a lot of things have changed here, not all of them for the good. But I had just thought I’d make an appearance here say hi to everyone and see who is still here, chime in

Thanks Chirrone aka DABCI aka Daniel Admin (at least I think I still am)

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Not quite 10 yet Chiroone , but >7 so far,,,can I chime in?

How Ta Hell are ya? Long time no jaw ! Is all well with you?

·
3/6 Infantry
4,766 Posts
I've been here for a bit. Still check in every few days, although I don't post much anywhere these days.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've been here not 10 yrs but close ,got a new PC a few years ago and lost my password ( old user name was eugene onegin I think ) so I registered again .

·
aka: SDK1968
7,741 Posts
makes me feel old & i came in way later than you Dan.

your member number is #20 btw.. LOL

s

·
Gunco Apostle
1,471 Posts
I have been here for well over 13 years and still kick it around from time to time.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Still here since almost the beginning (member #13). It has been an interesting ride since 2004, and although I haven't visited as much recently due to work, I still keep the site in my positive thoughts. I even wore one of my gunco shirts (from 2005) about 3 days ago. :)

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Well Hi all you guys, Glad to see there's a few of us around. I see several new names now that I hadn't before.

Me I've pretty much been working on my house some still, helping friends with there's and going to car shows every week end till a couple weeks ago when I put Lucille to bed for the winter, and tons of 4 wheeler events/rides with 2 different clubs.

Also getting ready for deer season to open this week end. Just got to get the last of the hunting stuff together and I'm ready to rock. Saw a dandy 8 racker while turkey hunting and hear tell there's been a 12 seen just the other side of the small mountain I hunt on and on the state land across the road. I'd like a nice racker for a change. I normally target 1-2 year olds, better eating.

But if that 12 comes by, he's getting smoked, I've been after him for 4 years already as wall as many others. He's a slick bugger for sure, but I've got him patterned pretty good now so chances are better this year if people don't spook him into turning nocturnal as he has before.

Good seeing you guys still here,mtdew,dutigaf,konrue66 and sniper69. I'll catch up with you guys in other posts/ conversations.

·
7,741 Posts
looking forward to it!

SNipe: hey brother! good to read ya! was just up your direction the other day & thought of ya.... but it was 3am.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
looking forward to it!

SNipe: hey brother! good to read ya! was just up your direction the other day & thought of ya.... but it was 3am.
dutigaf - 3am? More than likely I was sleeping, lol.
Hope your family is doing well. :thumbup1:

·
7,741 Posts
^^^^ oh yeah i didnt need bail money or nothing like that. :)

but there was alcohol involved & a discussion about if i had any gunbuddy's in the area to go hang out with.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
You could of called if you needed a place to hang out or crash for the night. And I make some strong coffee. :D

·
7,741 Posts
thank you very much as always!

we were at a wildlife rescue certification class over at Cherry Valley Lodge. had a nice room & all... but there were some libertards in that mix who went on an election, anti gun spouting & my wife was afraid that i might stab one of them in the eyes with the stem of a wine glass.

not sure where she got that idea, maybe it was something i said? (like; id like to stab this fukin wine glass thru that cocksuckers eyehole..... ) LMFAO

Reactions: mtdew

·
Always sore, always tired
6,781 Posts
Hey Guy's. I was here on day one. Lois at Centerfire told me about the new site before it went online. I re-registered in 05 after moving to Missouri.
Still check in. I used to click on 'new post' But now it's like a spam banquet with all of the ads.
Hope all are well. lift ALIVE 003.jpg lift ALIVE 003.jpg
I finally have my car lift operational! I spent two years restoring it to new or better. It was used all day every day at our local garage for twenty years. Pretty clapped out when I bought it for a grand. But this model goes for near seven grand new. So I'm a happy cat! No more laying on my back!

·
7,741 Posts
car lifts are like the worlds biggest AK press. :)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Im still around but have been busy with WG, the Gun business and opened a Winery.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry to say the "builders site" has now become the "advertisers site" But it is good to see some of the olde crew still around!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts