Gunco Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Good to see you guys chiming in still.

So one question,,,
HAS ANYONE BUILT ANYTHING AT ALL LATELY????

Me,, not a Damn thing sense the AMD65,,Nata,,nothing !!! WTF?

That was what 3-4 years ago now I guess. No surprise though, what few parts ARE available to build anything desirable with ,,is either MIA or ridiculously priced now so why bother unless you want to build a bolt gun or something, then many of those parts aren't as easy to find anymore either.

What ta Hell anyways, I've either had or built most anything you can possibly think of already anyways so no real biggie I guess. Myself I can't even think of anything really special I'd like to do up anyways, to be honest.

And BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!!!

I just may have all the guns I need now!

GOOD LORD,,I NEVER THOUGHT I'D HEAR MYSELF SAY THAT ONE MISTER !!!!! LOL

But it might be true,,,,,whats next,,,,only death?? Woooooh is me,,nothing left to live for !:crybaby:

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I've assembled a lot of AR15s lately since the prices have hit rock bottom. And a G17 and G19 on Polymer80 frames when they were on clearance for $60. Just got a few of the $55 AR10 80% lowers on the Christmas sale. Probably gonna piece together the uppers on those, the assembled uppers are still kinda pricey!

Actual "building" I still have plenty of kits from the "good old days" to get around to. Just not enough time lately to get into the involved builds that take more than an hour or two.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Well Hell then Kernel,,just side a couple kits this way then,,LOL!!!!

AR'S?? I said something Desirable, and at this point AR's are ,,well,,,just Ho Hummmmmm !

·
aka: SDK1968
7,696 Posts
that were cheap & easy? or that you could assemble?

which are you after?

as to building? SURE. i never stop building. its just repeats of stuff we have posted a zillion times.

only new thing im working on is a SBR PSL & im about half way thru that.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Goooood Mooorning

I'm just sitting here waking up and pondering if I want to actually go through all the BS involved with building up a class3 PPS43 ? I've got everything I need but not really sure yet? It's the only kit I have left at this point and I'm thinking of possibly doing it up in 9mm sense 7.62 ammo is so crazy expensive nowadays. Plus I've only got 3-4 crates of it left , 9mm I've got tons of and it's easier to replace later on. If a 9mm, I'll need a new barrel as well. Decisions, decisions,,,,,

Meanwhile I'll be polishing up my new Ruger Security 9 go bag gun I just picked up a few days ago and enjoying my morning cup-o-Joe in my favorite cup.

I'm starting out the New Year right,,with 2 new toys for the toy box, the Ruger & a plain Jane 10/22 so far ,and of course,,,,,,,

A BIG FAT CUP OF LIBERAL TEARS ,,,,,Life is good !

Attachments

·
7,696 Posts
YES. you want to build it.

easy build, fun to shoot & when you are done with it? RE demil it & sell the kit for more than you paid for it. :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Looks like I'm coming up on 15 yrs here! Member number 348. Wow. :cheers:

·
1,763 Posts
I'm fixing to have my 15th anniversary in about 2 weeks. My how life has changed in those many years. Did however build a Romy UF not too long ago and have another 74m in all the pieces waiting for someday.

·
Damn contrarian
2,383 Posts
It has been a number of years since I have been back , due to the wife's cancer and then passing . Sadly I see few of the old guys have passed over . I hated that i lost track of Bradrock and RailBuggy , but that is the progression of things . After my wife died , my password seemed to have been deleted , but now back in the saddle . I have not built an AK in Years , but the newest rage is really the AR platforms . Hope that y'all have a great day .

·
Always sore, always tired
6,778 Posts
Shorty!! Geeze brother; So sorry to hear of your wife's passing. I was just deleting bookmarks I don't use anymore & stopped in to take a look.
For some strange reason, I have completely lost the gun bug. 50 years of building from parts & the interest is just gone.............
I'm going to start liquidating in the next few days. I must still have 40 - 50 kits & they are starting to rust out in the shop. Plus a large safe crammed full of C&R rifles. I let my C&R lapse this year. I need to find boxes.
I'm playing with vintage HiFi now and enjoying audiophile level music. No stress if big brother is going to ban stereo's!!
We rarely ever leave the farm these days other than supply's from town & doctors.
I've been busy fighting bladder cancer for 6 years now. Just got 'scoped' this week & I'm now clean. Don't have to go back for nine months.
If you ever get down this way, give me a shout & stop by.

Reactions: mauser1959

·
7,696 Posts
Hey Mauser sorry for your loss & nice to see you run thru....

Brad, stay in touch buddy. gun building or not.

Reactions: mauser1959

·
Damn contrarian
2,383 Posts
Wow , now that is what I liked to hear , Bradrock is doing good , and Thanks Dutigaf . This was always a good group of guys , and we always had fun .

21 - 34 of 34 Posts