Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually Polish Taipan is stopping by to spend the day with me. I think we will try to build a kit or something. I will have to get up early and clean the shop!!

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Just where about are you guys at...I'm in South Miiami, but I have 3 real estate closings tomorrow so I'm booked all day anyhow.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aviator said:
Just where about are you guys at...I'm in South Miiami, but I have 3 real estate closings tomorrow so I'm booked all day anyhow.
I live in Loxahatchee, but spend a lot of my time in Homestead at the power plant.

·
6,361 Posts
gtbehary said:
I live in Loxahatchee, but spend a lot of my time in Homestead at the power plant.
About 1.5 hours from here, my brother lives in Wellington, but i don't drive there, I fly into the aero club....too long for a quick drop in, but I'll keep it in mind.

That's a hell of a drive for you.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have several friends in the Aeroclub. One has a P51 Mustang that he built. I am always at the Aeroclub.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Polish Taipan arrived at my house after a three hour drive. He got there a little too late to build a gun, but I showed him my collection of guns and kits. We spent the rest of the day in the shop. I showed him how I used my milling machine to remove rivets. We pulled out one of the Ohio Rapid Fire "poor kits" and we diassembled it. When he left that night, I had a kit ready to go, sitting on the bench. Tonight at 6PM I started putting it together on one of my own receivers (first time!) and worked on it until 9PM. Here is where I am at. I still need to headspace it and pin the barrel. I want to thank Polish for stopping by. It is nice to meet guys that you only communicate with on the boards.

·
6,361 Posts
gtbehary said:
I have several friends in the Aeroclub. One has a P51 Mustang that he built. I am always at the Aeroclub.
I've seen some interesting birds there , but I don't recall a P51...he may live at the opposite end, my brother lives on the second taxiway from the southeast end of the runway. If you know Lance, the car chopper, realtor in that area, my brother is right behind him.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
aviator said:
I've seen some interesting birds there , but I don't recall a P51...he may live at the opposite end, my brother lives on the second taxiway from the southeast end of the runway. If you know Lance, the car chopper, realtor in that area, my brother is right behind him.
My friend lives on the south taxiway. They tweeking the prop now. I helped him remove the prop yesterday. for the longest time there was an old beech Bonanza in front of his hanger.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I checked the headspace on the folder this morning and it was perfect. I guess I got lucky. I pinned the barrel and then cleaned it up. I sprayed the receiver with Alumninhyde II and hung it up to dry. I will post more pics when it is finished.

·
6,361 Posts
gtbehary said:
My friend lives on the south taxiway. They tweeking the prop now. I helped him remove the prop yesterday. for the longest time there was an old beech Bonanza in front of his hanger.
Right across the street from my brother...I know which bonanza it is.. My plane is sitting out there now white and blue cherokee with orange trimming, U. of F. colors

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Just got back into town and to my computer. I want to thank George for the great day and showing me his workshop and the AK colletion. I meant to visit another member Erikk but ran out of time, man those days went by fast. I can't wait to get back out to Florida. It was awesome. Now I have to go back to that four letter word.....WORK, lol.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Polish Taipan said:
Just got back into town and to my computer. I want to thank George for the great day and showing me his workshop and the AK colletion. I meant to visit another member Erikk but ran out of time, man those days went by fast. I can't wait to get back out to Florida. It was awesome. Now I have to go back to that four letter word.....WORK, lol.
It has great having you over! when are you moving down?

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
I have no idea when I'd be moving. Still have to figure out the work angle. I tried getting on the FL Fish and Wildlife site last night with no luck. Will try again today.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Here's the pic of George and I at his house.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
George...is that you wearing one of the Gunco.net T-Shirts? It better be!

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
It is Mbad!! I can't wait to get mine. PM me with your # again if you can. I was confused as to what happend with the shipping.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts