Gunco Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Much maligned US Attorney General John Ashcroft resigned. Carl Bernstein of Watergate fame rejoiced in the resignation, comdemning Ashcroft as having no respect for the Bill of Rights. Probably some members here criticized Ashcroft for the Patriot Act. My guess is four years of endless demonizing was more than enough for the former Missouri Senator.

But, what violations of the Bill of Rights has Ashcroft caused? Under the previous AG, we had Elien Gonzalez, Waco, and Ruby Ridge. I can think of no scandals or abuses under Ashcroft's watch.

Here is something to remember. Ashcroft is the only US Attorney General to proclaim that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right. President Bush himself made note of that.

Let's hope for another Attorney General like Ashcroft.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
The Patriot act is a temporary deal during war time and had to be approved by congress, correct?

I think it's funny that all the focus was on him only.

If I'm wrong about that top part let me know.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
The Patriot act is a temporary deal during war time and had to be approved by congress, correct?

I think it's funny that all the focus was on him only.

If I'm wrong about that top part let me know.
Very common for a President to allow one of his appointments to be the lightning rod.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts