Gunco Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay peoples,

I didn't see anyone post about this, but maybe it's slipping under the radar.

Bush went to Chile for the Asia/Pac conference. While there he went to attend a dinner with leaders and the Chilean security was going to bar his SS men from going in with him. A ruckus ensued and Bush had to grab his own SS men and rescue them from Chilean security.

Then the dinner was abruptly cancled because whoever was organizing it didn't want Bush's SS men in there with him. The dinner was for all the leaders and over 100 were attending.

Here is where it gets weird. FOX reported a blurb about what the motives were for this, but no one else seems to be reporting on it.

When the Pres goes anywhere the SS goes in front of him weeks in advance to setup logistics and get things in place. Chilean security would know the protocols and people in Bush's team. They would know the SS men go everywhere with their guy.

What did the Chilean security have planned for Bush when he got inside or other countries attending the conference? As reported in the news leaders of other countries have been accusing Bush of war crimes and many other things thanks to those like Michael Moore and Jacque Shirac.

Does the UN have an agenda to put Bush on trial maybe? I doubt they would off him in a setting like that, but maybe just get him alone and charge him via the world court?

I find what happened extremely dangerous and it would seem it was not a lack of communication. I used to know 2 guys that were part of Whitehouse communications. They would setup the commo stuff where ever the Pres went and they had to be there in advance. My mother also had an inside look at how the Pres travels and what goes on because of the company she used to work for that I will not mention.

It's all a little strange to think that those guys could be taht stupid to stop the SS from following Bush and then the dinner gets cancled over Bush's people being with him? Why? What was the big deal?

I thought this might be interesting to chew on.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Oneupmanship gambits, IMHO, rather than something sinister.

I have done a lot of business overseas and various types of grandstanding ploys, used for bargaining leverage, are quite common.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I can't envision the UN "putting" an American President on trial, in absentia or otherwise. It would be like Otus, the town drunk, putting the Sheriff of Mayberry on trial. Golly!

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Chileans consider themselves sef-sufficient and above the rest of central south america. It's just a regional thing, nothing else. You have to understand them to be able to deal with them...arrogant bastards. I have a bit of experience in that part of the world.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts