Gunco Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now... Forgive me in advance if I sound like a total cement head newbie, since that is exactly what I am...
I have always wanted a bushmaster in .308. :rockin:
What would be the best way to go about it... buy it in pieces and make a "build", or buy one ready to roll?
pros?
cons?
any and all help or comments would be greatly appreciated!!! :newbie:
Thanks to all making this forum an immediate success!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah I think bushmater just came out with the .308 I haven't seen one up close, so I can't really give you the pros and cons. But usually anything from Bushmaster is good. Armalite also sells the AR-10 which is a .308, but they have really expensive prices. Armalite uses mod. M14 mags, and I think Bushmaster is using FAL mags. FAL mags are really cheap compared to the expensive M14 mags. You don't really save any money buy building your own rifle, unless you are planning on doing alot of custom work, in that case it would be worth it. From the builds I've done, I've found out that I don't really save any money buy doing everything myself, but I do learn alot more about the gun since I built it from the ground up. If you are just wanting to get up and shooting, I would suggest buying a compete rifle, but if you want to learn all you can about the rifle, I would suggest building your own....either way it's about the same price. Unless of course you can make some of the parts yourself. I made some AR-10 lower receivers from billet, but you still have to buy the expensive Armalite parts, so I really only saved about $150 (the cost of the lower). I just started a website to show all my builds.... www.cncgunsmithing.com I've got a couple projects uploaded, and I'll be posting the rest of my projects in the next few days...and the AR-10 lower receiver will be included.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Justin

sks_hunter said:
Now... Forgive me in advance if I sound like a total cement head newbie, since that is exactly what I am...
I have always wanted a bushmaster in .308. :rockin:
What would be the best way to go about it... buy it in pieces and make a "build", or buy one ready to roll?
pros?
cons?
any and all help or comments would be greatly appreciated!!! :newbie:
Thanks to all making this forum an immediate success!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts