Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buy Ammo

Snippit:

I have never, ever had anyone tell me that he had too much ammunition. Not in a combat zone, not in a civil disaster, not even in peacetime. Never. Nor have I lived through a time where our governing class was so deeply corrupt, so utterly foolish, and so dangerously focused on the perpetuation of its own power that it risked bringing down everything we have built not merely in the United States but in the entire West.

Right now, if you are watching the news, you have questions about the future. And the answer to all of them is to buy ammo.

Continued: Buy Ammo - Kurt Schlichter - Page full

Black Blade: A nice article on ammo.

Reactions: recon

·
Where's my lathe?
1,104 Posts
I need more ammo.

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Me too. Mine keeps disappearing. Need to run a magnetic roller around the yard or i'll be mowing steel come spring.

·
NoWorkCamp4Me
5,546 Posts
I slacked off buying after becoming unemployed in 2008, then getting disability after taking sick with COPD and that triple bypass in 2009. I lost five handguns to a drug related break-in in Oct of 2010. I'm getting by on my SSDI checks, but Obama's Administration means to change that.

·
Registered
305 Posts
One cannot have enough ammo ever, period.

@railbuggy, what do you mean about the SSDI checks? Is Obama trying to change something regarding the disability payments or status? I did not hear anything on the subject, probably do to the fact that I don't watch any news.

·
NoWorkCamp4Me
5,546 Posts
No Cost-of-Living Adjustment (COLA) this year.
Last year I got around a $23 monthly increase on my SSDI check. But Time Warner Cable claimed half of it by upping my rates. TWC has again raised my rates for 2016. The only things I can think of that dropped in price a little was eggs and gas for my car.

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
They didn't do a COLA last year either on mine. Don't worry. The economy is fine. Job growth is great. 40 + years of paying for your golden years is being taken care of. I have to get on air force one to go play golf. Michelle has to take the girls shopping again. Don't worry. Marie Antoinette said it. Let them eat cake. Except she was beheaded.

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
DLIC has less than eleven months to stroke the pen. Guns are here. Ammo? Analogy is cars need gas and parts. Guns the same. You'll get whatever,it will just cost more. Oh, vote

·
Always sore, always tired
6,781 Posts
I'm starting to think .22LR will never get much below $50.00 a 500 round brick. " The new normal" as they say.

.22 magnum now costs as much as .308 !!??

·
NoWorkCamp4Me
5,546 Posts
Less than ten years ago I was bragging on how I was reloading a box of fifty 45acp with my cast boolits for less four dollars. Primers and powder have sure gone up.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No Cost-of-Living Adjustment (COLA) this year.
Last year I got around a $23 monthly increase on my SSDI check. But Time Warner Cable claimed half of it by upping my rates. TWC has again raised my rates for 2016. The only things I can think of that dropped in price a little was eggs and gas for my car.
The COLA is based on the BLS CPI data. Of course that data is rigged with filters (i.e. Hedonics, Imputed Income, Seasonality, etc.) designed to under report "real" inflation. Now the rumor is that SS may be cut as we enter a "deflationary" environment. The whole system is designed to screw people over - it is all about money and control.

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Yeah life sucks and then we die. To quote poetic. The old order changeth, yielding place to new. And God fulfills himself in many ways.lest one good custom should corrupt the world. Morte d'arthur. Tennyson. Or hick think. Where's mine?

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Buy ammo. Buy parts. Think about it later. Ramaden soup ain't bad.:thumbup1:

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
That might have been the other dude. For whom the bell tolls may be the other one. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Buy ammo. Buy parts. Think about it later. Ramaden soup ain't bad.:thumbup1:
ramaden soup? Is that the soup muzzies like? :nanabang:

Maybe you meant ramen soup? :)

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Caught me Sniper! Yeah, I meant one thing while implying another!:welcome:

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
I just think you may have found the "little brown jug" and had a sampling,,

perhaps that's why you get your ,,turds wisted,, occasionally stalker?? Ya,,I'm sticking to that one!!:lol::lol:

It happens,,,,,,,

BTW, I know what you guys mean about 22 ammo, outrageously priced ,,or what???
I grabbed some 22mag yesterday I thought was cheap by today,s standards and I'm sure it had old tags on it,,it was CCI V-Max and was 7 bucks a box and was hiding behind some other stuff,,so I grabbed what ever was left there on the shelf.

Boy did they give me ,,"the look/ evil eye",, at the check out counter!!! I know damn well in my heart they had missed marking them up last trip around the shelves and they had probably been sitting there awhile UN-noticed? They said "gezz, those must be mis-marked " and tried to charge me more, like triple ! Knowing the owner for probably 35 years and being an old time customer of his father that owned the shop previously, they let me slide. Score,,,,8 more box's of 22 mag for my stash. It just goes to show you ,,you want to pull back stuff and see whats hiding in back sometimes, it sure paid off digging through those dusty corners this time mister!!!:thumbup1:

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Oh hell twa! I was watching the news!:headspin: sometimes what i'm thinking and gets typed gets mixed in. I'll put the news on mute next time. I'm not as think as you drunk I am.:redchug::stretcher! Got any scotch? :thumbup1:double entendre perhaps?

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
:lolup: I do the same but it's usually because my son is bugging for me to watch something on-line or the dogs teasing for a snickity,,that's what normally distracts me.

Thank God for spell check though,,even when I'm not distracted,,,I can't spell worth crap!! You might not be able to figure out what I was trying to say otherwise !!:lol::lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts