Gunco Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want another M1A, the rule of 2. I have the loaded package with walnut stock and carbon medium weight NM barrel.

I will buy it one USGI part at a time and then have it put together. I can't just go and buy another one becasue now I have 2 kids there goes the rule of 2 thing.

I just have to be patient, good thing come to those who wait.

Has any one else done this with a M14 style rifle?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
No but man today the thought was just running through my thick skull. I really want an M14 (M1A) but dont want to pay the high price for somthing I did not make. I'm game if you are. Jack

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The hard part of the build is the headspacing. You need about 2-3 hundred dollars worth of special tools. The USGI parts are getting harder to find but they are out there you just have too look and know the manufacture codes on the parts. There were 4 builders of the true M14 they are Springfield Armory the real one and Not the commercial one of today, TRW, H&R, and Winchester.

There is a shop manual that is about 50 bucks that has all you need to know about the build and repair of the .30 caliber rifle.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found this Company sells a barreled action with a USGI bolt, USA made Forged receiver, and NM barrel. It is lrbarms.com and I here they are the very best stuff, you get what you pay for.

I found the name of the book it is The U.S. .30 Caliber Gas opeated Service Rifles by Jerry Kuhnhausen

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am going to start saving for a the LRB barreled action.

I have been out bid on e bay on 2 different TRW bolts in 2 days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts