Gunco Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that do not know.....

You can get a CZ-52 pistol between $89 and $115 with holster and 2 mags.
The CZ-52 uses 762X25 ammo and is one hot round!

1895 Nagant revolvers can be gotten for about $85 to $100 and a 32 ACP cylinder for around $50. The Nagant 1895 is unique becaue the cylinder locks itself up again the barrel sealing the gases when fired.

Ballaster Molina's can be gotten for around $250. They are pretty much the same as a 1911 except for the grip saftey taht was not incorporated in the 1927 design.

AIM, SOG, and several other companies are carrying these pistols right now C&R delivered to your door if you have the license.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered a CZ-52 from AIM a couple of weeks ago. I was very happy when I got it. It was in excellent shape. It is a great shooter also.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I really like my CZ52 - purchased 600 rounds of ammo! It is a hot round, and makes a loud, loud noise!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I'm getting a CZ52.. It's at the shop anyways, as soon as I have a break in other things I'm gonna bring it home..

I have seen sabtos for this round that allow you to load a .223 bullet.. Boy would that make one hell of a round then.. Hehe

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Isn't there some issue about CZ-52's having some firing pin breakage problems or am I thinking of another pistol?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nope, that is a CZ52 problem. Along with a worn decocking parts. Do NOT trust the decocker. One test for it; is to make sure the pistol is unloaded, no mag in the well. Charge it, then with either a small pencil or a small dowel in the barrel, point the pistol muzzle up. Then use the decocking lever and watch the pencil. If it bounces up-wards then the decocker might cause a N.D. It is advisable not to trust it anyway.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Good info. I have a friend who carries his CZ 52 exclusively. He owns many other makes and models and they were all purchased before the CZ. Of course, he did work to make it a better CZ.

It'll probably be one of my next acquisitions.

I would really like to get my hands on a second Ballester Molina.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Try Bobby

thyebigca,

Try to get Bobby to sell you one of his. The man lives in an armory of the finest looking guns you've ever seen, and he is also a Balester Molina afficionado! Here is one he refinished for a customer. After I saw the photo, I contacted him and got bobby to refinish my StarBM:

I really liked the two tone and colors. Nice!

I believe these are his, tucked snugly in one of his Gun Safes:

He has several more!

http://www.salboarms.com/

contact at - http://www.salboarms.com/contact.html

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Not to contradict, but the Ballester Molinas are closer to the Star line of pistols, which are a simplification (not improvement) of the 1911. The trigger hinges on a pin instead of sliding on a yoke, there is no grip safety, the hammer and mainspring geometery are different, there is no removable mainspring housing, and there are *significant* dimensional differences in all parts except magazines. NO parts except magazines interchange, and few parts are available. Even the grips are different.
A well preserved Ballester is a fine gun. Many of them, however, are well worn and have seen many years of hard service, and mechanical condition should be your primary concern when looking to purchase. I've seen some real beat up clunker Ballesters that have been re-parked and are being sold out there. Like anything else, shop carefully and buy from folks you trust. Cosmetics? Hey, look what SalBo is doing with those Ballesters he's got.
The CZ52 is one gun I've just never been able to warm up to though. I keep meaning to buy one.....then I pick one up and I just can't do it. They don't fit my hand properly. I know many people own them and like them, but I'm just not into them. Cheap? Yep, and I'm a cheap guy, but I know I wouldn't shoot it that often.
EDIT: Oh, and the Nagant pistols are really cool! I own one, and keep threatening to buy another. I run .32 S&W long through mine, the cases stretch a bit but it works just fine. I prefer the Aguila brand. My Nagant, a 1944 Tula, has about a 400lb double action pull, but has a nice single action and with .32 longs just may be my most accurate pistol. The sights are essentially invisible, very small, but when I do my part it puts the bullet exactly where i want it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
you know, I saw Salbo's work on the very BM above and am still drooling. I got mine couple years ago, rearsenaled, from SOG. It was tight at the beginning and loosened up nicely over the past couple years. It's in prime condition, and eats up my reloads with no problems.

I want another BM and am willing to pay the increased price these guys are bringing now.

When I think about it, the .45 ACP is my favorite round and I'll be acquiring others, C&R and non.

For the sake of collecting, CZ52 will be coming and a Nagant would be a kick to own as well.

·
Troubles shot. 5 cents.
850 Posts
cammobunker said:
. . . The CZ52 is one gun I've just never been able to warm up to though. I keep meaning to buy one.....then I pick one up and I just can't do it. They don't fit my hand properly. I know many people own them and like them, but I'm just not into them. Cheap? Yep, and I'm a cheap guy, but I know I wouldn't shoot it that often.
Cammo:

This is exactly what happened to me. I got all lathered up about them (after all they are cheap!) and eventually had three. Then a firing pin broke, and one of the mags wouldn't feed right and I fixed it, and it became apparent that the grip didn't fit my hand right and I lost interest. I think it's been three or more years since I fired one of the two that I have left. One is in 7.62 and the other sports a 9x19 FAC barrel. I sold the third, a "black" park refurb.

Contrast that with the Polish, Chinese, and Soviet Toks, which get exercised about twice a year.

Noah

·
Troubles shot. 5 cents.
850 Posts
thinkiam said:
Hi,
Total newbie here.
I notice a fair amount of CZ owners commenting in this thread.
A friend emailed me this 7.62x25 ammo warning.
If you haven't already seen it, go to:
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/4653/bad.htm
I don't think I'll be getting any surplus ammo for my CZ52......
Welcome, thinkiam.

That's a good reminder about that high-pressure stuff; it still surfaces at shows from time to time. I guess it gets resold when people buy it and discover what they bought, instead of them doing the right thing and just disposing of it.

Don't tar all surplus with the same brush, though. I have some excellent brass-cased Yugo 7.62x25 that I bought from Dan's a few years ago, and just recently picked up a tin of 1200-some rounds of Romanian 7.62x25. Yeah, they are both corrosive, but it's even easier to properly clean a handgun than a rifle.

Again, welcome aboard!

Noah

·
Gunco Apostle
1,471 Posts
I got a CZ-52 from Lois at centerfire it looks like a brandnew gun. Shot it to day was great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts