Gunco Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the advantage of having a C&R? are there guns you couldnt collect with out a C&R? thanks rick

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
You can buy curio- and relic-status weapons direct from the wholesaler without going through a dealer.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Yep, you can save quite a few bucks on a lot of older firearms by purchasing directly from wholesale catalogs and websites. I have a FFL dealers license, but I highly recommend everyone get their own C&R license if they like guns. Why pay me to make a transfer when you can order direct?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info very interesting.i can with a C&R ill be broke but happy. thanks rick

·
Registered
276 Posts
mike said:
i can with a C&R ill be broke but happy. thanks rick
Mike/Rick, what the hell are you trying to say here?? Sorry but I can't quite understand that last sentence.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I think he's says he will be broke if he gets a C&R :D

I hate having it in some ways beacuse I see so many things I want and I have so little money with 2 kids now.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I have been able to aquire some M1 Carbines and going to add to my M1s with my C&R. I think it is pretty cool that I don't need the services of a regular FFL. Just keep a record book and follow the regs. Jack

·
Registered
276 Posts
mike said:
i was trying to say if i was to get a C&R i would be broke. sang knows rick
Yep, that's a given. Oh, and buy a doghouse if you don't already have one, you'll spend a lot of time there. :wink:

·
Registered
16 Posts
It costs $30 for 3 years. Most FFL001 dealers charge $15-$20 per transfer. Do the math! It's like buy 3, get one free with the transfer savings, plus no travel from your doorstep to pick it up. Keeping the book is easy, particularly when you don't dispose. Just keep adding them to the "left page".

·
Registered
554 Posts
And, trust me it feels really powerful to call a distributor and order any weapon without any hassle of the 4473 and background check. :)

When that Ballester Molina came FedEx, I was in Heaven!!!!

Go to the ATF website dude and look at the very impressive list of C&Rs available for purchase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts