Gunco Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been wrestling with the idea of getting some exotic boots for myself this chrismas. I think Ive got ot between Caiman and snakeskin, although the elephant skin ones look nice. The prices are pretty steep but from what Ive heard these boots will last a long time. Do you guys know anything about the diffrent brands and sources for these boots? Any information you can give me would be helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
I have a pair of elephant and a pair of anaconda made by Larry Mahan and my wife has a pair of ostrich and I believe her's is by Larry Mahan also......I too lazy to go and check. :smoke:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Sorry I can't help, I have a pair of boots but don't know what they are made of, but I'm pretty sure they were made by a 10 year old boy in Pakistan.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I always wanted an exotic pair of boots, but every time I go to get some I take one look at the price and say to myself "Self, you could buy a new gun with that money". Or " Just think how much ammo I could buy with that money". And then I leave with a black leather pair of shitkickers. Of course, I've got a safe full of guns to make up for the lack of nice boots!

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
I'd like to get an exotic pair some day. In fact I'd like a set of sting ray boots. But, I have difficulty parting with the money, so I settled on a plain old leather set.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Custer said:
I am afraid of the upkeep.
That, and the fact that I've damaged so many shoes and boots by gouging them or scratching them by not noticing where I'm walking and accidently rubbing them against something. I'd hate to accidently ruin a $500 or more pair of boots.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Yep, Pogo, I know what you are saying, I'm hell on shoes and boots. I try to get stuff that is disposable.

EDIT: Except for my Air Tacks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im leaning toward the caiman ones, the rattlesnake ones look kinda cheesy. Anyone know how tough the caiman hide is and is there special upkeep for them?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have some Cobra skin boots, I picked up In Mexico, I've been wearing for years. I've given then no special care. I'd say the caiman would be some really tough boots. I know some loggers who'd like to have some spotted owl boots. ;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts