Gunco Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you poeple in California ever plan on owning a rifle chambered in 50 Cal BMG you have until the end of December 2004 to get the gun into the state and begin the transfer into your name. AB50 bans all 50 Cal BMG rifles as assault rifles as of Jan 1- 2005. All so called 50 cal assault rifles will need the be registered with the California DOJ before the end of 2005 or you will lose your right to keep it.

Its sad to see that a gun that has never been used in a crime is being baned because it scares the crap out of some spineless lawmakers that have no regard for the second ammendment.:rant:

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
redchevyman said:
If any of you poeple in California ever plan on owning a rifle chambered in 50 Cal BMG you have until the end of December 2004 to get the gun into the state and begin the transfer into your name. AB50 bans all 50 Cal BMG rifles as assault rifles as of Jan 1- 2005. All so called 50 cal assault rifles will need the be registered with the California DOJ before the end of 2005 or you will lose your right to keep it.

Its sad to see that a gun that has never been used in a crime is being baned because it scares the crap out of some spineless lawmakers that have no regard for the second ammendment.:rant:
WOW!! what would a .50 cal assault rifle look like. That would be a bitch to carry. Would it be magazine fed? Could you get 30 round magazines?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SD,here is a picture of one.

I have a contact in southern california that still has a few Browning M2HB guns for sale ($6,795) the prices will be going up next year since no more spare parts are available in the US and they are no longer importable. These are a rock solid investment. they go up in value by 500 to a 1,000 every year. I wish I would have bought one when they were $4,000 about 5 years ago.

If anyone wants to buy one PM me and I will put you in touch with the right people

Attachments

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Well, this will certainly put an end to the problems they've been having with thugs using Barnetts to stick up liquor stores.

[The Kalifornistan ban on assault weapons produced a nice cottage industry for gun stores in Nevada close to the border - they sell storage space to Kalifornistans so they can keep their AK or AR over here. This will help boost that trade.]

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Pray for earthquakes.. Big goddamned ones too..

this country no longer has any fuckin use for those pinko commie **** that tell you what you can own.. F'em I hope they all die in car crashes.. I know that is bad to say, but F'em anyways!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
I ran across the website of one 50cal manufacture (forget the name) but they are now offering bare recievers so the folks in Cali can get it now and build it later. Thier site says the sales to Cali residents have been off the scale for the past few months.

I'm wondering how long before this happens nationwide? I don't see it in the immediate future but I'm sure it will happen eventually. I read a post of someone saying 50 cals are probably a good firearm investment now.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Strange Destiny said:
WOW!! what would a .50 cal assault rifle look like. That would be a bitch to carry. Would it be magazine fed? Could you get 30 round magazines?
If you could carry it, I certainly wouldn't want to shoot it. I like my shoulder too much.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Preacher said:
If you could carry it, I certainly wouldn't want to shoot it. I like my shoulder too much.
I think if you could carry and shoot such a weapon, you probably wouldn't need it. You could just punch things, like trucks and tanks.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Without a doubt.

I've fired Cephus's 50 and it weighs 48 pounds. Still has a litttle bit of a kick.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Preacher said:
The tripod mounted ones are the way to go. you can shoot it with one finger.

Attachments

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
What are we all thinking? This is the 50 we're talking about. No need to carry it. If you can see it, you can shoot it. Just park your butt and fire away!!! LOL:lolup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts