Gunco Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we are talking about good people I would like to point out one here on this board. His name is Cephus. I met Cephus at the NRA convention this last year. He was there with his friend (and my friend now too) Paul. Cephus gets around pretty good for a guy with a cane. He was in Viet Nam, made the sacrafice, came home and had a family. One of his kids is in the service now and is doing quite well. I think I spoke with his daughter last Saturday when we were trying to find him. (he had his wife's cell phone instead of his) Anyway, I hope we can all get together some time (Cephus is trying to put something together) so you can all see and experience what I have, a great guy and true American. Thanks Cephus, your friend, Jack

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I'll lift one to that. I can tell from his posts that he is one I would like to meet.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I've never met Cephus face to face, however I have had the pleasure of having some ramblings back and forth with him through this site. I can honestly say that this man is super nice, super honest, and one I call a friend I've yet to meet. He has been nothing but supportive of us all, and I feel priviledged to be amoungst his company.
Thank you, Cephus.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I hope to meet him soon! He's been around since we started and I don't even know how he found us since he was not a member of brand X. He's been a pillar of our board from almost the first I guess?

One of the nicest people I've ever met online.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
I was with Jack when we hooked up with Cephus, and was sorry I didn't get to spend a little more time with him, but the place was a mad house.
I could tell right off, He is a stand up guy, and the more interaction I have with him, the more I know it's true.

Cephus is definitely one of the good guys.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Unlike the rest of you folks, I've had the pleasure of knowing Cephus for over 20 years. And I would like to point out to you that everything that has been said about him is wrong. It has all been grossly understated and doesn't do him justice! I've had the priviledge of being welcomed into his family like I was one of his own. He has watched me grow up along with his own kids and he's one of the few people that I know what the answer will be if I ever need a favor before I ask. I will point out that he is probably the most unique character you will ever meet. If you don't want the bitter truth short and sweet, then Cephus is not the person to ask.

Cephus, May God Bless you and yours for years to come.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
I've never met Cephus either but I enjoy reading his post and can tell he is a rare bird. He started posting as soon as this board started and I was surprised to find out he didn't come from the other board as he fit in so well. I look forward to meeting him someday.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cephus, sometimes you just have to let other people say how they feel. You are the kind of person we all want to be. Don't be upset for showing others the way to go, again, I sure wish more people were like you. (Then again I would be out of work, Ha Ha) We are all glad to call you our friend. Jack

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I'd say something but his heads big enough already...haha..

PS.
looking forward to shooting that 50...got me some ammo for it the other day.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Cephus said:
Davey you how I get over shit like this I don't want recognition I just want to be me. And Jack I'll get you for this.
Didn't mean to choke you up, but talking to you on the board doesn't do you justice. Just a little heartfelt appreciation. And Jack, I wouldn't worry to much.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Cephus - you know you're a stand up guy and I am glad that we have had the chance to talk on the phone. Besides enjoy the nice words - you know they're true.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts