Gunco Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, let's keep this alive!

This has been a great build tutorial so far! Let's keep it going by adding our own photos of our build progress! Here are some shots of the mandrel and press tools I made to shape my final receivers for the collapsing stock.

This is the internal mandrel test fit into my CETME stub.

And this is the mandrel pressed into the welded receiver and showing the external dies all in my shop press.

I did unfortunately cut the slots for the rails .015 too deep on each side and had to run brass shim stock inside each cut out, but so far, it is working great!

Not shown is an external die that fits in my bench vice. It fits the shape on the outside of the receiver between the cocking tube and the main body, about where a Stanang scope mount claw would grab. This shapes the whole receiver for the bolt.

The bolt drops through the receiver with no effort.

efxguy

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Thats great. There is a guy over on millitaryfirearm.com building something similar for this. I wish I had the tools and the skills to do this. :-(

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
pupwag just sent me some pics of his rig to bend the flats. I hope I can get him up here so I can try it out!

·
aka: SDK1968
7,741 Posts
several jigs floating around out there and lots of new ideas like this one above and the one that Pat mentioned too.

ive used MOJOHONA's jig which is excellent

ive used Jestism's which is very good and easy to use.

and ive bent them with just a piece of 3/4" rod and a benchtop... the NITEGUNNER method.

they all work just fine. its just about the final massaging after your done.

sdk

·
Registered
4 Posts
several jigs floating around out there and lots of new ideas like this one above and the one that Pat mentioned too.

ive used MOJOHONA's jig which is excellent

ive used Jestism's which is very good and easy to use.

and ive bent them with just a piece of 3/4" rod and a benchtop... the NITEGUNNER method.

they all work just fine. its just about the final massaging after your done.

sdk
Yep, a lot of ways to skin a cat, as they say! My jig is just for final shaping after bending and welding. I used a hybrid method of bending involving a rod on a flat piece of metal, a shot press and a milling vice.

efxguy

·
aka: SDK1968
7,741 Posts
i really like your approach to this. its not overly complicated and doesnt leave a lot of things to get messed up.

nicely done.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anybody built a cetme from centurys' cast stainless receiver? would a person weld in the front trunnion and cocking tube just like with the flat?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I did mine on the century cast and drilled holes through it for the trunnion and cocking tube then welded them in place.
sorry the response is so late I just found this

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well done!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts