Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Good lord Magnus ! You're gonna put a Leupold scope on a Cetme ? :| Isn't that like putting a jet engine on a Pinto ? Go down to Wal-Mart and get one of those.

:drunk:

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jose`-K47 said:
Good lord Magnus ! You're gonna put a Leupold scope on a Cetme ? :| Isn't that like putting a jet engine on a Pinto ? Go down to Wal-Mart and get one of those.

umm, it is my pinto and I can put a ram jet in it if I want! Tahnks for the Link Grendel, I have looked at it but I don' t know if that scope is any good, or worth it?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well you said up to $200 so I figured you can get a good USED
higher end scope off ebay. May be a Getme but a .308 will still reach out and touch someone at distance and not take a nose dive for the dirt at 300 meters like the 7.62x39. At which point it becomes Artillery - pointless.

My MAK90 is chambered for 5.56 and I use a cheapy 4-12x42mm
because I can shoot out to and past 300m with the 62gr 5.56 anno and hit the target. I differ with the purists on the 4x fixed power whether russian or a cheapie scope. If you want to play army and do CQB drills then a 4x might work for those guys.
Myself - I like to hit what I'm aiming at. If it's under 100 yards and I have a choice of weapons - I'll take a 12GA w/00 buck and no scope. Bubba tized? You see a lot of full length scopes on
AK rifles now a days because they are so cheap and the optics hace improroved. But that's just me.

So Mangus it's basically a wide open choice. On an AK about the largest Objective that will mount and clear the Rear Sight block
is a 42mm. 3-9x40 variables fit no problem.
And you can keep it on the lower setting 3 or 4
to pacify the purists if need be.
If you need some info on mounting it correctly and zeriong it let me know. I can give you an equation that will zero the round at various distances and in the field is handy once windage is set of course.

then it's just a matter of remembering how many elevation clicks
for each 100yard increment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jose`-K47 said:

I hear what you're saying, but I have seen (and own at the present) Cetmes that will hold 1.5 moa out to 300 meters. I havent shot at anything any further than that, but that is pleanty far to take advantage of a goods scope.

:)

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
I understand you being leary of the T-28, I don't have one either, but I have the original German mount that Tapco modeled theirs after, and it is a good piece of equipment. You can add a rail for weaver mounts for $14. I have a Kalinka 8X56 illuminated scope that I like but I was lucky and got mine with no problems I've read others have had problems with the company.

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Good, I was hoping it would be worththe money. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
hcpookie said:
Gotta give us a drop test! :p
given the cheap garbage scopes that tapco peddles from china.......I wouldn't count on it surviving.

I learned a long time ago, you get what you pay for when it comes to scope.......buy some cheap third world scopes, and that is what you'll get, a cheap garbage scope.

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
W.T. Sherman said:
given the cheap garbage scopes that tapco peddles from china.......I wouldn't count on it surviving.

I learned a long time ago, you get what you pay for when it comes to scope.......buy some cheap third world scopes, and that is what you'll get, a cheap garbage scope.
...considering that the rifle cost $350.00 I sure am not gonna go out and drop that much on a scope...hell I have never even used one, nor do I expect to be hitting things a mile out, so I bet it will be all good in the hood, but thanks for the nice comments:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts