Gunco Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone of the knowledgeable persons out there know where to buy parts kits that don't cost as much as a new rifle? I am looking for either a standard ak/mak 90 setup or if possible a krinkov. This will be my first build, but like most of you have stated....I hate dealing with the middlemen. Plus it'll be more fun if I make it. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
413 Posts
You might try www.centerfiresystems.com for a mak90 parts kit. IO will have more kits also in the next few weeks. You might want to try checking in at weaponeer.net from time to time. We just closed a group buy for some romanian parts kits for I think $95. AMD kits are still obtainable at this time as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Centerfire has some good prices on most of their kits, and what is IO? Some of these abbvs. are killing the newbie. Me not that intelagent:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At my low level of building knowledge I'm just looking for a good starter project. I just need to get the process down and then I'll invest some change into a descent weapon. Thanks soo much for the clarification on IO. I'm learning!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sorry bout that Arty. I should have looked at your # of posts. Redchevyman is right about the IO (interordnance LOL) kits. They are mismatched and might not be the best thing for a starter kit. I honestly think that using an AMD kit for your first one might not be a bad idea. You will need to learn how to silver solder the extension on the barrel but that's not exactly a mind boggler. For an $80 parts kit you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I agree. Try an AMD 63or65 parts kit from Centerfire. Lois there will ne able to hel[p you. Just ask for her.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I.O. has a very nice looking AKMS underfolder on the cover of SGN . the cost is 119 and is in excelant condition. if you want a folder this will be hard to beat.

·
Registered
413 Posts
hotbarrel said:
I.O. has a very nice looking AKMS underfolder on the cover of SGN . the cost is 119 and is in excelant condition. if you want a folder this will be hard to beat.
Unfortunately they don't actually have those kits. Those were the kits we were trying to run the group buy on. They ran the ad when they thought they were still coming.

I'm glad I don't have to answer their phones all day long.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for the info. About the barrel extension, do I still need to do this now that the ban has sunset? As far as the kits not having matching number is this just a numbers problem or will it affect headspace and things of this nature? Again thanks for all the info.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
artyboy1 said:
Thank you all for the info. About the barrel extension, do I still need to do this now that the ban has sunset? As far as the kits not having matching number is this just a numbers problem or will it affect headspace and things of this nature? Again thanks for all the info.
If your barrel is not 16" long, as in the case of the AMD 65, then you will still need to permanently attach (silver solder or blind pin) the barrel extension to both the barrel and the muzzle brake. As far as not matching numbers it may have small effect on the value, but more importantly, you will need to check the headspace to make sure it is safe. IMHO this should be done on matching # kits also just to be safe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts