Gunco Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any love for a gunsnet immigrant?

Didn't really like the direction things were going over there, so here I am. :newbie:

·
Registered
844 Posts
EVERYONE is welcomed here! As long as you're not a troll and are here to have a good time and enjoy some awesome company. Welcome to our small corner in cyberspace and kick back and relax in here!

Co7t

SkullFarmer said:
Any love for a gunsnet immigrant?

Didn't really like the direction things were going over there, so here I am. :newbie:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Co7t said:
EVERYONE is welcomed here! As long as you're not a troll and are here to have a good time and enjoy some awesome company. Welcome to our small corner in cyberspace and kick back and relax in here!

Co7t
I'm seeing some familiar faces over here, to be sure. Things were just getting too unfriendly on that other board.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mike26038 said:
hi there skull, What part of WV you in, I live near Wheeling.....
I'm in Charleston near the Capitol Complex. It can be a little sketchy around here, but I'm a few blocks from where all the crack dealers/gangstas live and their nonsense doesn't spill over my way very much.

If it does, I'm ready for 'em! :ak47:

Any other W.Va. folks here?

·
Registered
954 Posts
SkullFarmer said:
I'm in Charleston near the Capitol Complex. It can be a little sketchy around here, but I'm a few blocks from where all the crack dealers/gangstas live and their nonsense doesn't spill over my way very much.

If it does, I'm ready for 'em! :ak47:

Any other W.Va. folks here?
I live in Charleston too. Not far from you actually. I live off of Greenbrier Street :)

Where do you go to shoot? I sometimes go to Kanawha State Forest but the people there scare me :scared: Crazy unsafe peeps seem to populate the range.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mbakercad said:
I live in Charleston too. Not far from you actually. I live off of Greenbrier Street :)

Where do you go to shoot? I sometimes go to Kanawha State Forest but the people there scare me :scared: Crazy unsafe peeps seem to populate the range.
Another familiar name from that other site.

Man, I know exactly what you mean about the KSF range. I quit going there after some girl almost shot me while trying to clear her boyfriend's POS .25 Raven. But I'll admit it was fun blasting away with my AK and horrifying the yuppie mountain bikers as they pedaled by.

I got a membership to the Putnam County Park Gun Club's range in Eleanor a couple of years ago and it's been well worth it. Ever shot there? If you're interested in a membership, call Calvin's Gun & Supplies in Winfield and ask to talk to Dave. They'll set you up, and Calvin has a pretty nice store to boot.

There's talk of the City of Dunbar building a new range somewhere up Dutch Hollow Road near Wine Cellar Park, but I don't know the status of the project. My big concern with that plan is that there's a housing project up there and the resident crackheads, meth freaks and other assorted lowlifes may cause problems for people going up there to shoot (theft, etc).

I think I'll stick with the Eleanor range; it's access-controlled and they have nice backstops and target stands.

·
Registered
954 Posts
SkullFarmer said:
Another familiar name from that other site.

Man, I know exactly what you mean about the KSF range. I quit going there after some girl almost shot me while trying to clear her boyfriend's POS .25 Raven. But I'll admit it was fun blasting away with my AK and horrifying the yuppie mountain bikers as they pedaled by.

I got a membership to the Putnam County Park Gun Club's range in Eleanor a couple of years ago and it's been well worth it. Ever shot there? If you're interested in a membership, call Calvin's Gun & Supplies in Winfield and ask to talk to Dave. They'll set you up, and Calvin has a pretty nice store to boot.

There's talk of the City of Dunbar building a new range somewhere up Dutch Hollow Road near Wine Cellar Park, but I don't know the status of the project. My big concern with that plan is that there's a housing project up there and the resident crackheads, meth freaks and other assorted lowlifes may cause problems for people going up there to shoot (theft, etc).

I think I'll stick with the Eleanor range; it's access-controlled and they have nice backstops and target stands.
If you do not mind, email me sometime. I do not want to hi-jack this thread. [email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts