Gunco Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'll be sending him twice as much as Cephus. Wait a minute, twice of nothing is still nothing.

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=40334

ISRA: Funding Cut a Welcome Hit Against Chicago's Shady Gun Control Program

12/3/2004 5:43:00 PM

To: State Desk

Contact: Richard Pearson of the Illinois State Rifle Association, 815-635-3198; Web: http://www.isra.org

CHICAGO, Dec. 3 /U.S. Newswire/ -- The following was released today by the Illinois State Rifle Association (ISRA):

Chicago Mayor Richard Daley's crusade to disarm law-abiding Illinoisans suffered another blow Thursday when it was announced that federal budget trimming would cut the flow of funds to Daley's notorious "CAGE" unit.

Reminiscent of the "red squads" of the 1970s, the CAGE (Chicago Anti Gun Enforcement) unit is a rogue organization designed to execute Daley's political agenda while hiding behind the shield of law-enforcement. Bolstered by a gun owner registry illegally maintained by the Illinois State Police, the CAGE unit has waged an unfettered campaign of espionage and intimidation against the state's law-abiding firearm owners.

In 2003, the ISRA supported HB 515, a bill designed to cast some daylight on the activities of Daley's shady CAGE unit. HB 515 passed both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly by wide margins - only to be vetoed by Daley ally Governor Rod Blagojevich. Since that time, the CAGE unit has continued to operate below the radar of public scrutiny - taking every opportunity to diminish the civil liberties of those who chose to practice their constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

"The federal Safe Neighborhood funds were supposed to be used to fight crime," commented ISRA Executive Director Richard Pearson. "The Daley administration cynically diverted those funds to efforts designed to trample the rights of law-abiding citizens. We're glad to see the federal funding for the CAGE unit dry up. But, we're sure that CAGE will find another dark corner of Chicago City Hall from which to operate. Flushing the CAGE unit out and putting it under the public magnifying glass will continue to be a top legislative priority for the ISRA."

---

The ISRA is the state's leading advocate of safe, lawful and responsible firearms ownership. For more than a century, the ISRA has represented the interests of over 1.5 million law- abiding Illinois firearm owners.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
They (chicago) couldnt even light the tree the other night.

Someone fell asleep!

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
Why do people in Chicago vote for shitheads named Daley?

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mbadboyz said:
They (chicago) couldnt even light the tree the other night.

Someone fell asleep!
Maybe they were hitting the Cough Syrup a little too hard!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I?ve lived just West of Chicago all my life, (I?m 53) there is no way there can be an honest election in that city till after Daley is dead, and maybe not even then. There hasn?t been an honest election in that city in my lifetime and I don?t expect there ever will be. Daley is a Megalomaniac that feels he can do anything he want?s and not be held responsible. He has outlawed guns, had Megg?s Field (Airport) bulldozed because he couldn?t control it, pretty much admits to bribes and says he?s ?Disappointed in myself? when he?s caught. The man is the biggest crook in office that I?ve ever seen. The US government has said the fine for closing the Airport may reach $4.5 Million, guess what? Not one penny will come from Daley, it?ll all be on the poor tax payer to foot the bill for this SOB.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Chicago Mayor Needs Donations

They should have asked before I flushed the toilet. :smoke:

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DorGunR said:
Chicago Mayor Needs Donations

They should have asked before I flushed the toilet. :smoke: