Gunco Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just love these situation. I had a lady at work today ask if I wanted to buy couple of rifles she had. One was a Japanese or Chinese WWII rifle she wanted 125.00 for, but she wasn't sure what it really was. She also claimed her Dad took it off an enemy soldier but you know how that goes. I told her to bring it in and I'd take a look. The other, she said was a 1943 M1 for 150.00. Trying not to get too excited, I told her to bring that one also and I'd look at it. She said it was missing the "clip". I'll let you all know tomorrow what I bought from her.
UnderFolder

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I'll bet it's a Japanese 7.7 Arisaka, and an M1 Carbine. (just cause the 7.7 Arisaka is the most common, and the Carbine is dated on the barrel and uses a "clip".

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go figure. I just looked at the rifles and the Chinese or Japenese one is an Arisaka Type 38 chambered in 6.5mm and pretty poor condition. The M1 is actually an Enfield No4 Mk1 in fair condition. Still thinking it over.
UnderFolder

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
The Enfield is worth it if there are no import marks on it!

Hell the Japanese rifle is worth it if there are no import marks as well.

Offer a little less like $100 for the Jap and $125 for the Enny.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the prices wrong. It's 125.00 for the Enfield and 150.00 for the Arisaka. Guess I'll get the Enfield. Anybody know where I can get a magazine for it??
UnderFolder

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
You can try Samco, Sarco, Centrefire and maybe even AIM.

I have one extra I bought at a Gun show, but I don't know any vendors off hand.

Post a message in the wanted forum for one if you like?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts