Gunco Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DeLay: The Numbers Don't Lie; 157,000 New Jobs Created in December

1/7/2005 1:29:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: National Desk

Contact: Stuart Roy or Jonathan Grella, 202-225-4000, both of the Office of House Majority Leader Tom DeLay

WASHINGTON, Jan. 7 /U.S. Newswire/ -- House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Texas) said today's Department of Labor announcement that the economy created 157,000 new jobs in December shows Republican policies to grow the economy continue to work.

"President Bush and the Republican Congress' economic policies are not just intellectually and ideologically superior - they get the job done," DeLay said. "The evidence today - actually, the evidence of the last 16 months - proves our policies have created more jobs and grown the economy by ensuring those who earn a paycheck get to keep more of it.

"I'm not one to say 'I told you so,' but the numbers don't lie," DeLay said.

The Department of Labor also announced that in October and November, the economy created 34,000 more jobs than was previously reported.

Highlights from the Department of Labor

-- 157,000 new jobs were created in December.

-- More than 2.2 million new payroll jobs were created in 2004.

-- Unemployment rates have fallen across all races, ages, and levels of education since the national peak in June 2003

·
Angry White Man
3,381 Posts
Pelosi is getting right up there with Feinswein and Boxer on my personal hate list. Three prime wasters of this planets oxygen.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
RetVet said:
Pelosi is getting right up there with Feinswein and Boxer on my personal hate list. Three prime wasters of this planets oxygen.
Somebody call for Nancy?

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Like I said over in Choice #1. The economy was in the toilet in the middle of Slick Willy's 2nd term. W had a huge hole to dig out of, and he's done it. The numbers don't lie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts