Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watcha gonna get for Xmas? Either for yourself or what you asked for.

I have no Idea myself since money is so scarce these days. I'm thinking of getting myself an OOW reciever just because I want to to do one rifle on an already made receiver as well as the bent blanks.

That's about all I want and I know I have to get my little buddy some kind of truck he can play with since he's going to be 7 months at Xmas. He's already playing with cars and stuff. This kid is all boy! He grunts and groans, doesn't cry when he takes a spill and has no finesse about him. He's a bull in a china shop all the way. :D

·
anyone seen my coffee cup
481 Posts
Sang, it only gets better as he grows up! I dont need anything for Christmas, cause I made sure my boys, ages 11 and 13, got some really cool radio controlled vehicles, and some great new video games! Of course, as I tell my wife, " Honey, I'm doing it for the children!" :thumbup1:

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
db3443 said:
Sang, it only gets better as he grows up! I dont need anything for Christmas, cause I made sure my boys, ages 11 and 13, got some really cool radio controlled vehicles, and some great new video games! Of course, as I tell my wife, " Honey, I'm doing it for the children!" :thumbup1:
I hear ya! I cannot what to get Playstation whatever version it is when the kids get into that. The radio controlled cars come to mid as well. :thumbup1:

·
anyone seen my coffee cup
481 Posts
Thats the best gift anyone can get Cephus! Enjoy your holidays!

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
If I could have just one thing for the holidays it would be a gift for my boss and his family. Nothing fancy, nothing major, and really more of a pain in the ass truth be told. The gift ussually wouldn't do what it was supposed to, never really worked that well but was nice to have around. The gift I am talking about is their son Adam, a friend of mine that we lost in August in a car accident on his way to work at his dad's music store that I work at. Adam being the good son agreed to pick his dad up at the mechanics on his way to work. See Adam had just moved to the town I live in from Lubbock with his new wife to work in our shop to help us out during our busy season and to maybe settle down. That morning with his dad in sight Adam turned infront of an eighteen wheeler for reasons unknown. We lost Adam, his wife Sebrina, and her sister Jennifer in an instant. Upon arriving on the scene my boss called the store and I got out there as quick as I could, but knew from his vioce it was bad. I hope and pray I never live long enough to see that again. Everyday I think about Adam and the others lost. Most of all I think about my boss and his family and how this holiday season will be the first without Adam, even though it should have been the first with a new Daughter-in-law. I miss them all everyday and cannot imagine how his family must feel, so if I could have just one thing for Christmas it would be to have Adam and Sebrina and Jennifer back at home with their parents. I feel compeled to share this because sometimes we take for granted that this person or that person knows how you feel, or how much you really love them...maybe they don't. It never hurts to remind them how important they are and what they do mean to you. Happy Holidays, I am not much on them just because I am onery and cantankerous, but I am glad I get to be around ppl that I love and respect, and I thank the Good Lord for that everyday. So that is what I would like to have for Christmas if it was possible.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I was going to post some things but after reading Magnus' post I don't have the heart for it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Magnus, that is pretty sad. For one family to take a big hit like that sucks. My wifes brother lost his wife an 8 month old in a wreck. 3 others also in the car were lost. I can not even imagen that kind of pain.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Custer said:
I was going to post some things but after reading Magnus' post I don't have the heart for it.
Same here. Probably the only thing that will heal some of the pain will be time. He will never outlive the memory or the loss, but time will allow him to overcome it.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Just a little over 5 years ago, a father in our community lost his daughter the day before Father's day. I can only imaginine what that was like. She was on her way to work, noting that it was her day off and she had traded a day with a friend.

Hang in there Magnus, we're all behind you.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
My friend lost his 26 year old son to suicide a little over a month ago.

The way he explained it to me was that he has a huge hole in his heart that will never entirely heal and all he could hope for was for it to shrink a little bit over time.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Watcha gonna get for Xmas?

Another day of senseless repetition..............po widdle me.:lol: :lol:

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
Lupeloff said:
Watcha gonna get for Xmas?

Another day of senseless repetition..............po widdle me.:lol: :lol:
EXCUSE ME? I didn't post that reply for sympathy, but as an answer to the thread. I thank everyone for the support, but if you (Lupeloff) means something different that what it looks like I would like please do explain.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
magnus392 said:
EXCUSE ME? I didn't post that reply for sympathy, but as an answer to the thread. I thank everyone for the support, but if you (Lupeloff) means something different that what it looks like I would like please do explain.
I am competely lost, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I live alone and was reffering to myself. I did not even read your reply until now. I never make light of other people.

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
Lupeloff said:
I am competely lost, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I live alone and was reffering to myself. I did not even read your reply until now. I never make light of other people.
Ok, I was just checking cause you have been a good guy and folks hold you in high regard. Glad I asked:thumbup1: By the way guys please do wish away, this is what the thread is for!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I guess from now on I'll read an entire thread before I post. Man, the last thing I would do is hurt anyones feelings.
My days are exactly that, senseless repetition, day after day after day. Before the storm I had not seen another human being in two weeks.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Don't worry Lupe or Magnus. It was just a misunderstanding that seems to be worked out now. Both of you seem like fine men that I've enjoyed talking to. We did get a little sidetracked from the origin of the thread. Nobody's fault, I like both of you.

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
well since I give year around I am not sure what I will give myself for XMAS this year.
I guess My Xmas gift to myself will be

It has been at Krebs for 9 weeks so far.
I sent it there to get the selector modified, US MADE gas piston and get the whole thing refinished.
Basically my Present to me will cost me $500 not include the rifle as shown above.
The good news is the last week I got a call stating that it will be finished this week and should get it by the end of the week.
I will post pics

One more thing... Not to change the subject but...
Guy from Krebs said My rifle MUST have a US MADE muzzle device on it prior to leaving them. So I had to purchase a $15 muzzle device. They said that they could not use a NUT. This kinda made me pissed.
My rifle was sent WITHOUT a mag. Therefore that means 3 less US PARTS required. My rifle had FCG (3 parts), Gas Piston (1 part), and Receiver (1 part). That makes 5 parts. I explained to the guy that I had 5 parts. That I had FLOORPLATES in ALL of my mags which would give me my 6 required parts. Still I had to spend the additional $15 for a usless muzzle device.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts