Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Long Arm of the LAW
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you own Colt Sistemas? I have 2 and they shoot great. I also paid less for them than new Colts. Has anyone else had had good/bad experiences with the gun?

·
Long Arm of the LAW
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I must be the only guy with Sistema's? Well mine are good shooters as well as my Colt.

I think I'm talking to myself. :sleep:

·
Long Arm of the LAW
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Man:

You are talking to yourself. You're the only one with that Argentine stuff. Should have bought American. :sorry:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I used to have two, but sold one. The one I have left is a late model and shoots just as well as any Colt I have shot. They are a very good handgun and are well built on Colt machinery.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've been on a waiting list for a sistema for like 2 years. It's been so damn long I don't even remember the name of the company. They have been having customs problems suppossedly. I wish I would have bought one years ago when they were dirt cheap.

$350 is a good price for a sistema these days

·
Registered
170 Posts
These are the Argentine Colt lisenced 1911, right? My buddy's a dealer and has one for sale. I know this isn't the classified section, but...

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but are these the same as the Ballerina Mollesters?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
No the Ballister Molinas are no where near the quality..........I would love to have a contract Colt Sistema.........You find them for 350 let me know....

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't remember how much my friend wants for his. I want to say like $400-$450, but I don't really remember. It's alittle late here, so I shouldn't call him and ask. I do remember it is new and very G.I. He is a FFL holder so everything has to be by the books. If anyone is intrested, send me a pm and I'll get ahold of him, maybe we can work something out.

·
Administrator
4,813 Posts
I ended up keeping 6 Sistemas for myself plus a Hartford Colt. They are great 1911's. The Ballester is a good pistol, I have 5 or 6 of them as well but they arent a Colt.....350 is a real good deal on a Sistema right now......

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've recently heard (on a 1911 forum) that the Sistema and M1927, etc. are "soft" and shouldn't be shot a lot. Does anybody know if this is true? I've been thinking about buying one, the only bad thing is I like to shoot my guns, a lot! I don't want anything that's going to shoot loose after a while. What do you guys think?

·
Administrator
4,813 Posts
I probably have 750 or more rounds through one of mine without even a hiccup...I have never heard anything negative about a Sistema except availability.......

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey SalBo, that's good to hear. Do you think any collectors would cry if I customized a M1927? I hope not, because I've got some plans for it!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Some people think anything not built in the USA is junk, they are wrong. Alot of people have used the Sistema Modelo 1927 for a base, to build custom pistols. I shoot mine stock. They work very well and are made of quality steel. Enjoy your pistol however you like.
It's not like taking an intact pinfire and chopping the barrel and checkering the stock, pictures when you're done.

·
Administrator
4,813 Posts
tygrstryp said:
Hey SalBo, that's good to hear. Do you think any collectors would cry if I customized a M1927? I hope not, because I've got some plans for it!
some of the purists might moan to a degree but its your pistol. You enjoy it however you like. I wouldnt cut on the frame but there are many aftermarket parts available to make the Sistema a super shooter and you can always save the original parts and put it back together original if you decide to sell it.....have fun with it. Thats why you bought it wasnt it ? :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I havn't actually bought it yet. The story goes like this: my dealer does a lot of special orders for people. A couple of years back a guy wanted one of these so the dealer gets two of them. Dealer gets a discount for ordering two. Well he's been putting the pistol on his gunshow table for the last two years and still has it! He's got to the point where he just wants to get rid of it, so he offers me a fair deal on it. I think I'll take it.

·
Administrator
4,813 Posts
tygrstryp said:
I havn't actually bought it yet. The story goes like this: my dealer does a lot of special orders for people. A couple of years back a guy wanted one of these so the dealer gets two of them. Dealer gets a discount for ordering two. Well he's been putting the pistol on his gunshow table for the last two years and still has it! He's got to the point where he just wants to get rid of it, so he offers me a fair deal on it. I think I'll take it.
what is he asking for it tygrstryp ? Inspect it real well for cracks in the slide. Not that they are known for it but I check the slide closely before purchasing any semi auto pistol . Good luck, I hope you get it......

·
Registered
170 Posts
I hate to disclose the price because it's not a done deal yet. I think he made me a reasonable offer. I'm not stealing it, but I'm not getting ripped off. He's cool, he'll let me check it over real good first.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts