1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmmm....

Taxi Driver Shoots Man in Bin Laden Mask
Yahoo via Drudge ^ | Decmeber 14, 2004 | none cited

SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - Osama bin Laden (news - web sites) take note: You wouldn't be safe in Costa Rica. A startled taxi driver shot and wounded a jokester wearing a plastic mask of the al-Qaida leader, police said Tuesday.

Leonel Arias, 47, told police he was playing a practical joke by donning the Bin Laden mask, toting his pellet rifle and jumping out to scare drivers on a narrow street in his hometown, Carrizal de Alajuela, about 20 miles north of San Jose.

Arias had startled several drivers that way on Monday afternoon. But when he jumped out in front of taxi driver Juan Pablo Sandoval, the motorist reached for a gun and shot him twice in the stomach. He was hospitalized in stable condition.

"For me and I think for anybody else at a time like that one thinks the worst and so I fired my gun," Sandoval told Channel 7 television.

Police declined to detain Sandoval, saying he had believed he was acting in self-defense.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I'd a probably done the same thing if a man jumped in front of me with a gun!!!

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When my son was in high school (96 or 97) they allowed the kids to dress up and come to school one day for Halloween. He and a bunch of his buddies dressed as the A Team with one of the guys having a Mr T mask and the chains, etc. One of the guys borrowed his mother's white mini van and they all had a good laugh pouring out the vehicle and putting on an A Team act.

What I did not know was that they were also dressing up in these costumes and going to friends front doors in the dark, ringing the doorbell and scaring the hell out of whoever opened the door. Of course, then it turned into stopping at a random house or two and playing the prank on a stranger. Mr T screaming and all that stuff.

One Sunday evening he comes home and ambles off to his room without saying much. A little later I am half asleep on the couch when the front doorbell rings and it is a Deputy Sheriff who asks for him and proceeds to tell me what has been going on. How one of the guys they pranked chased them down the street and grabbed my son who was driving my car as the "get away" car. Got my son's name and license plate #, let the boys go and then called the sheriff.

No charges were filed and the deputy gave my son a good ass chewing. The major point was that a prank like that could have gotten a homeowner scared enough to shoot. We laugh about it now but it was a prank that could have had a bad result.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts