Gunco Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might want to build an AR In the future. Nothing fancy and a 16" or 20" barrel would be fine.

Any opinions?

Might even try an 80% receiver.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd go with a Bushmaster Lower and Upper (A2 Style, you can keep your flattop). Get the rest of your parts from wherever you want. I'd go with the 1-9" twist. Don't get wrapped around the axle about Colt parts. Definitely go w/ the Chrome Lined Barrel, never get a Stainless or Chromed Bolt. The military quit using them.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nickle said:
I'd go with a Bushmaster Lower and Upper (A2 Style, you can keep your flattop). Get the rest of your parts from wherever you want. I'd go with the 1-9" twist. Don't get wrapped around the axle about Colt parts. Definitely go w/ the Chrome Lined Barrel, never get a Stainless or Chromed Bolt. The military quit using them.
Been doing some research today and the endless array of parts and vendors is mind numbing. Not sure if I should bother either. A Bushmaster might be the way to go.

I really want an AR and a FAL. Currently I have an AK kit to go with the 2 I have.

It seems like one could save a little on the AR if they build it themselves. I see receivers for $79 to $200 stripped. Kits are around $425 for standard stuff.

With the kit do I get the parts I need for the lower? Or, is that another expense?

If I do this I might liquidate some guns and parts this sumer to get a FAL and AR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.