Gunco Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how many of you were caught off guard by the coronavirus panic buying? First of water, hand sanitizer and toilet paper, and then the run on guns and ammo?

Were you already prepared or did you need to rush out and buy extra supplies?

Reactions: Tommo

·
aka: SDK1968
7,741 Posts
i was amused by all the idiots running around acting stupid.

other than that? hasnt had any personal affect on my household. we try to always have some extra everything on hand for natural disasters.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, us too. I figure a truckers strike alone could paralyze much of the country let alone a pandemic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the toilet paper thing got me,live in Florida and always ready(Hurricanes and all) plenty clean water ,food enough for couple of years,plenty enough firepower to keep the wolfs at bay for a long time, but never prepped enough butt wipe,figured i just use up all those old shotgun news mags

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Around here it seems many are attempting to return to normal life. Many stores i passed today had full parking lots again. Of course they were all "essential" businesses.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Been prepped for a long time. Watched people doing battle over toilet paper. I found it rather amusing.

No one is laughing at Preppers anymore .....

Reactions: Tommo and durrell

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Welcome back...Or have I missed other posts by you.

Again, I think it is wonderful that you have the resources you do. Very few do. I'm happy to have 6 months, maybe a bit more of supplies on hand. I add to them all the time. I will never get to the level you have, but I will get to the best I can be.

Have you seen some states are stopping the sale of garden seeds? Other than control of the population what possible reason can there be for this.

Also interesting is how many anti-gunners are buying their first firearms.

·
Gunco Junkie
555 Posts
Been prepped for a long time. Watched people doing battle over toilet paper. I found it rather amusing.

No one is laughing at Preppers anymore .....

Jeez, I’d spend half my day rotating stock and keeping inventory. Hope you have that locked up. I can’t keep my danm kids outta my stores!

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Yeah, it has spilled over into two other smaller rooms (mostly home canned fruits and sauces). Been loading up on more bulk supplies before the "Bat Stew Flu" hit and now may have to add more via online sales. Meanwhile, adding more rice and the wife is tuning up her baking skills with homemade breads, rolls and pastries. Even got the old wheat mill working again. Since it looks like we could be in a new Great Depression we are learning what holes we have in our supplies and what we may need to add. Wife has been working the garden pretty hard the last couple weeks and when I get home next week she has a "honey do list" waiting for me.

I read that the panic buying on ammo sparked up again. No worries. Been planning for that too.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, now that some meat packing plants are being closed and it appears the next phase of whatever this mess truly is seems to create a phony food shortage are you doing additional stocking up? Or are you pretty well set for the long haul? I suppose we all know Black Blades answer, LOL. But how about the rest of you? My wife and I are planning to go out this week after I get paid to add some more canned goods to our stocks. We have a decent amount of food on hand but with the uncertainty of when this nonsense will end and things will hopefully return to normal we are planning ahead.

·
aka: SDK1968
7,741 Posts
LMAO....

who actually gets their meat from a meat packing plant? do people in our hobby really do that?

i buy half of a hog from the same guy every year & half a cow from his brother.... & we even get our hotdogs from the local meat shop. its pretty rare that we ever buy any beef or pork at a store.

chicken on the other hand? yeah that does come from the local Piggly Wiggly.

stocking up: well we do throw a couple extra cans of veggies & fruits in on every trip. dry emergency food we already have from Wise. (those guys are loving this "crisis")

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
I have some stuff stored up, so did not have a problem. Black Blade you have an incredible store of great stuff, truly amazing!

·
Gunco Junkie
555 Posts
I’m having inventory problems due to space constraints. Any suggestions on Labeling, organization, and proper inventory logging?

Seems I can’t find it when I need it and stuff gets stacked under and behind other heavy items that I have to pull out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts