Gunco Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harbor Freight has the 24" bolt cutters on sale for $9.00 so I said what the heck and bought up three sets. Printed the picture of Pookie's design and ground the jaws to fit. I have Plinker's jig and it works great but the bolt cutters are an awesome addition to any builder's tool box. I cut a couple of pieces of 5/16" flat stock and transfered the rivet pattern onto it and used a ball end mill to make the corresponding divets for the rivet heads. Put my plates on either side, chuck the whole thing up in the vice and I can bang all 6 rivets out in nothing flat. So, thank you very much Pookie your idea works great!!! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
339 Posts
I for one would have had a MUCH more difficult time with my builds without Pookie's VERY informative website. Thanks a million.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Rule .308 said:
Harbor Freight has the 24" bolt cutters on sale for $9.00 so I said what the heck and bought up three sets. Printed the picture of Pookie's design and ground the jaws to fit. I have Plinker's jig and it works great but the bolt cutters are an awesome addition to any builder's tool box. I cut a couple of pieces of 5/16" flat stock and transfered the rivet pattern onto it and used a ball end mill to make the corresponding divets for the rivet heads. Put my plates on either side, chuck the whole thing up in the vice and I can bang all 6 rivets out in nothing flat. So, thank you very much Pookie your idea works great!!! :thumbup1:
Did you get the ball end mill at harbor freight as well?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, actually the ball end mills were a Christmas present from the wife. I believe she bought them from Enco for around $40.00-$50.00 for a set of 6.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts