Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Grow up DB.

He's trying to promote intelligent diiscussions by posting controvertial articles.

But you wouldn't understand that.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Custer is building up interest in the forum by adding intelligent threads for people to reply to. And, he's doing a good job.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
The vote is in and we've decided.

Custer wins!

Custer in 2008

Edited to add: I was teasing Custer in another thread that he should run for President. Just a joke, wasn't trying to make anyone mad. Custer always brings up well-thought & informative posts. Keep up the good work Custer.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
aviator said:
Grow up DB.

He's trying to promote intelligent diiscussions by posting controvertial articles.

I really enjoy reading Custers posts.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
aviator said:
Grow up DB.

LAGC used to get a lot of flack over at Brand X for doing the same thing from a lefty perspective. And over at Brand X he was only one among a number of folks who would get accused of being trolls for having begin a thread with a controversial article.

Myself, I think it's a good idea to post articles that will spark a thread of posts on the issue at hand.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Hello to Lynch

:welcome:

Welcome Lynch! Good to see you here!

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
Myself, I think it's a good idea to post articles that will spark a thread of posts on the issue at hand.
I agree, with limitations. Example are posts with no other purpose than to irritate others or to start a flame war.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
I agree with you Dzerzhinsky, but LAGC would copy-paste and run away without commenting much or participating. I think his intentions were more on the way of creating a dispute and then sit back and watch what people's responses were. He rearly came up to the plate afterwards. I really wonder what happenned to him, did you ever get anything messages from him other than coded stuff?

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
LAGC used to get a lot of flack over at Brand X for doing the same thing from a lefty perspective. And over at Brand X he was only one among a number of folks who would get accused of being trolls for having begin a thread with a controversial article.

"Trolling" is defined by two characterisitcs volume, which you have addressed above, and intent... which you have not.

Beyond this is... characterization... which somewhat speaks to volume... is he characterized by it... or is this a less frequent occurance.

Lynch

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
D.B.Cooper said:
I mean really, look at the last three pages of GD.

You decide.
Perhaps, you find the polysyllabic words that Custer uses disturbing. Perhaps the General can post in a monosyllabic format for Deltas. Alphas and Betas can read the original posts.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Strange Destiny said:
Perhaps, you find the polysyllabic words that Custer uses disturbing. Perhaps the General can post in a monosyllabic format for Deltas. Alphas and Betas can read the original posts.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I guess I don't care if someone posts an interesting and controversial article with intent as pure as the driven snow, or with intent to just stir the pot. Just so long as the article is interesting.

I think of trolling more as starting a post with a statement like, "What do you folks think about Cowdawg's hanging out in gay bathhouses all the time?"

I would never do that: Cowdawg generally hangs out in gay bathouses only on weekends.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Ya I like to keep um guessing. :) :eek:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts