Gunco Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
45B20 said:
Nice article that would get a guy to buy a K31 now while they are cheap! The machinework quality on these is unreal and the bores are in great condition.The owners tag under the buttplate is a interesting bit of history. How many surplus guns can you own that you have any idea who it was issued to. I have heard of a few guys getting answers from the original soldier. One guy after several letters back & forth received the soldiers shooting record book and shooting medals. What a piece of history that makes.
Two of four K31's had tags.

Gil
I got a response on my 1945 model. Essentially, the soldier told me to go to hell and don't bother him.

The other guy did not respond.

I've wondered if it has something to do with the current anti US sentiment in Europe.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Very cool indeed my k31 has a tag and I want do to more research . Do you have a link to the International website mentioned ? I Have restored mine to as near new as possible with my limited skill and would love to get in touch with the original owner........Sorry could not resist had to put her picture up again..........

Attachments

·
Where's my lathe?
1,104 Posts
I have three words for you Grasshopper: Flash.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My first C&R order arrived yesterday, a K31 and M38 from AIM. Haven't looked yet for a tag, I stumbled on this article looking for info on removing cosmoline.

Great article, thanks!

·
Administrator
4,813 Posts
I just had to come read this masterpiece once more. Again, well done General.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts