Gunco Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to the guys that wanted my custom pistons to be stamped U.S.A. I ordered a stamp set today from H.F. it cost me about $20 with shipping. ouch. I will keep my word to those that want the stamp and only charge $1 more. rember this will take some time for me. Here are a few thoughts on the stamping. first off I do not have a roll stamp. this means I will need to stamp on a flat. I do not have a mill so I will have to grind a flat on the shaft and stamp on it. this is not a great big deal but without a mill It will not be presision looking. I have started makeing the center shaft a few thousandths thicker to be stronger anyway so I do not think their will be any functin trouble , only looks. I am not talking about a big ugly sore on the side BUT the flat will not be exact to the eye. I just want to be up front about this so anyone wanting pistons can decide for themselvs. either way is fine with me, remember they are stainless so they are clearly US.

With that all said I will also say that I will try to stamp on the round and see how it looks.I ordered 1/8" stamps, maby it will look better on the round and still be readable enough. maby I can somehow find a way to roll stamp, but I do not want to be out too much money on this. I will post any and all results here for all of you. any ideas are welcome. :thankyou: the hotbarrel.

·
Registered
681 Posts
maybe engraved on the face of the piston???
engraved on the shank?
why does it have to be stamped?
you could engrave, and even have your own serial # system for authenticity...
just a thought...
there are others out there engraving receivers with #s....

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well that is a great idea now that I am out 20 bucks,,, ware were you yesterday?? hay sks want to buy a custom piston?? I need to make my money back somehow.. hahaha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts