Gunco Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Dogs,

When I say to move, it means go someplace else, not switch positions with each other so there are still two dogs in the way.

The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by Nascar and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help, because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king size bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue to sleep on the couch to ensure your comfort. Look at videos of dogs sleeping, they can actually curl up in a ball. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space used is nothing but doggy sarcasm.

My compact discs are not miniature Frisbees.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If, by some miracle, I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, try to turn the knob, or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. In addition, I have been using bathrooms for years, canine attendance is not mandatory.

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dogs butt. I cannot stress this enough. It would be such a simple change for you.

Rules for non pet owners who visit and like to complain about our pets.

1. The dog lives here. You don't.

2. If you don't want dog hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.

3. I like my dog a lot better than I like most people.

4. To you, he is a dog. To me, he's an adopted son who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

5. Dogs are better than kids. They eat less, don't ask for money all the time, are easier to train, usually come when called, never drive your car, don't hang out with drug-using friends, don't smoke or drink, don't worry about buying the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and if they get pregnant, you can sell the pups.

The same applies to cats, except they ignore you until you are asleep.

--------------------

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
That's too true to be funny DorGunR. This is Angel. She has a very special taste in food. If you put it on a plate and touch it with a fork, she likes it.

BTW, Cephus and Precious came to mind when reading this!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Preacher...........thats really a pretty dog. :)

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cephus......I thought I had a handfull with my two Jindo dogs........man, your pet food bill must be bigger than your grocery bill.:)

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cephus said:
No it ani't to bad they do like to eat though. I take care of the meds and shots and all that myself. And if they get into each other every now and then I'll put the stiches in myself so it's not that bad. I've always had big dogs they just do there job better.
My Jindo dogs are only about 55 pounds but I can't trust them around people or other dogs, They only like two people.........me and my wife. I keep then in a kennel thats 80 feet long by 25 feet wide and has a 6 foot high chain link fence, their doggy house is a utility house thats 8' X 8' and is insulated and has a goggie door. They have 2 inch thick sleeping pads in their house. Legend has it that these dogs are half Asian wolf.........and I believe it.
To give you an idea........these dogs can have an Akita for lunch.

·
Poof no eyebrows
1,421 Posts
Anyone here ever own a Great Pyreneses(sp?) most people I know never heard of them, let alone owned one. It's my favorite breed.

Newfoundlands are also a good breed to own

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Klauss,

There is a family on a busy road that has 4 of the Greats. They're are a trip as they will all be laying in a line on the driveway. Never seen them chase a car or move much for that matter. I cannot imagine what the dog food runs them though! Those are big dogs!

·
Poof no eyebrows
1,421 Posts
The most we had at one time was 2 greats, a newfoundland, a german shepard, a black lab, a shelty mix and a mutt.

We only have one dog now, a great pyreneses, full grown but a little on the small side at 130lbs.

Great breed, they are not to active, pretty friendly around peple just don't make the mistake of getting one mad lol

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Dogs are little people in fur coats. Mine is spoiled beyond hope.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
I'm a dog lover, carry bisquits with me at all times, and know all the neighborhood dog's but not all their owners. I sorta gave up on pure breeds after I lost both my Akita and Rotti to cancer withen a 2 year period. I love big dogs but hate that they don't live longer. I like all dogs but never thought I'd have a small dog but my daughter changed all that when 2 years ago on her 16th b-day she got a Chihuahua. We had just got a mixed breed(1/2 Greyhound & 1/2 Rottweiler) from the pound and I had promised her since she was young that she would get her own dog. I left the Chihuahua alone the 2 weeks to a month so it would bond with my daughter (and also because she was only 2 lbs and I was scared to death I'd squish her) but slowly but surely she won me over. The mix breed we have is so clumsy most all the time unless the Chihuahua is around and then he is so gentle and careful about where he steps. :lol:
I had never heard of the Jindo dogs till DorGunR's post but they sound cool so I looked 'em up. http://www.kang.org/Jindo.html The Koreans use them as military dogs. They sound a lot like the Akita in temperment. My Akita was a great friend and was very protective of my daughter without being too aggresive. If I raised my voice at my daughter when he was around he'd get between us and lick her. :lol: :lol: I still miss him and my female Rottweiler.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Cephus said:
My grandkids play with mine all the time aand the dogs just love it
my only worry there would be if the dogs got into it around them and accidently bite one but it's never happened. And don't forget if things get tough you can always eat them LMAO
I don't think I could eat my grandkids.......

My dog is a mixed mut that we picked up from the animal shelter when she was 8 weeks old and she'll bite anyone who comes into the house for the first time. period. and she makes my 4 year old respect her.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Grendeljaeger if you like big dogs check out the Shiloh Shepherd. 12-14 year old Shilohs are not uncommon. They have a low incidence of genetic problems. Plus they make modern German Shepherds look like puppies and most are smarter than their humans.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a pic of Dylan I could post. He stands about 34 " at the shoulder and weighs about 150-160 lbs.

"Do you remember a specific 'German Shepherd' you used to know as a child (or if you are under 40) one that your family or friends told you about? He was the dog with that super, almost human intelligence; that big family protector that was so very gentle with little children, yet would give his life for his master without question. The dog that would walk you to the school bus, and then show up again exactly on time to wait for your return; the hero that everyone talked about; the one that seemed half human. His personality consisted of Lassie, Strongheart, and Rin Tin Tin all rolled into one.

Well, that dog is still here today, and he is called a SHILOH SHEPHERD?!"

Reprinted with permission from "Introduction to the Shiloh Shepherd?" written by Tina Barber, the Shiloh Shepherd? breed founder, for the SSDCA, Inc. in 1991.
These qualities can only be found in ISSR dogs be warned there are a bunch of imposters out there calling themselves Shilohs but they have major health and temperment issues. Check out the Original Shiloh Shepherd
or the discussion fourm for more info.

packratt

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Thanks for the links Packratt!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Come on over to the discussion forum and check us out. The breed founder is a frequent poster (you can get information from the breed straight from the horses mouth).

The dogs are very versatile, some are:

• show dogs
  • herding competition (recognized by American Herding Breed Association)
  • therapy
  • assistance
  • Search and Rescue
  • companion
  • couch potato
They've been known to learn how to open dead bolts, cat food cans, throw eggs, lay out your garden, and many other unusual and hilarious things. (If you join, do searches on Sunny, Udo, and Sirius for some of the better stories)

ISSR web ring

packratt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts