Gunco Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always have deer around my yard. Every few days. 2, 3 or 4 at a time.

For the last week we have 8 of them visiting 2-3 times per day. All does of various sizes. No bucks but I usually only see a buck once or twice a year.

It is pretty wooded in the township I live in but it is still the suburbs. Pretty amazing.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I live 10 miles out of town in the woods, so that is normal for me. I like to watch animals in the wild.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I see plenty in my backyard, a small creek runs through the yard and the lot directly behind me is a marshy field of brush. It's comical to watch the guys who hunt the surrounding fields leave empty handed while the deer lay in that area undetected.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Me and Cephus's son-in-law seen 27 in one group about a week ago. But that's pretty much business as usual around here. At just about any given time I could kill my fair share and never stop talking to you fine folks. (Computer is by a window)

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I'm guessing a brain aneurysm burst & died instantly. And let's not forget about the mountain lions & coyotes. Been a few of them popping up lately.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I've got to tell a good one on my wife. She was coming home from work one night, and she saw an animal in the road that she had never seen before. She said it had the body of a pig in the face of a werewolf. When she slowed down to get a better look at, it charged the car. I laughed my butt off, and told her she had just seen her first wild boar.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Wild boars can be mean allright.

Got a relative who's a long haul truck driver, just pulled into town and says deer is wild all over the country this year, just too many of them I guess.

·
6,361 Posts
Cephus said:
Yea I forgot the DNR put a pair of them out here about 3 year ago.
It sure is nice living in the country, but it's no fun driving after dark my oldesst daughter has hit 14 deer in the last 3 or 4 years her insurance co. just loves her.
Ouch! she's gonna have to slow down.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Cephus said:
She only has one speed ,to the floor all the way
She doesn't get it from anybody strange now does she?

·
6,361 Posts
Yeah, they take after their mothers, my wife is pretty rough on that gas pedal too, on the 26 years we've been married she's collected a fair ammount of violations, it's just been in the last 7 or 8 years that she finally grew out of it, my last one was 30 years ago, the judge didn't like me too well, I didn't like him either, but He was the judge.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
aviator said:
Yeah, they take after their mothers, my wife is pretty rough on that gas pedal too, on the 26 years we've been married she's collected a fair ammount of violations, it's just been in the last 7 or 8 years that she finally grew out of it, my last one was 30 years ago, the judge didn't like me too well, I didn't like him either, but He was the judge.
My daughter looks like her easy going, under the speed limit mother but has some unfortunate personality traits.

She is known far and wide as "Custer with boobs".

·
6,361 Posts
I'm glad my daughter just turned 4.....LOL, but my oldest (22) sounds like his dad when he looses control. we had a altercation not too long ago on something that actually could have been called a reverse discrimination case against my family by a park ranger and I had to stop him from jumping the park ranger and kicking his arse, all because the guy called my other son the "w" word. In my younger days I would have done it myself, not any more, now I have control, just don't piss me off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts