Gunco Forums banner

Dell Computers Won't Sell to Gunsmith!!!

767 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  TammiJ 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd pass this on to you guy's. Kinda gets ya mad doesn't it!
Dell Computers Won't Sell to Gunsmith!!!

"I am writing this because I feel every Firearms owner should know this story.
I placed an order for a Dell notebook computer on February 13 on line with Dell. I was given a tentative delivery date of February 21st. I was watching the order through the Dell on line tracking system; I also opted for the automatic email notification of when the machine was to be shipped. Well the 21st came and went, I am a Pistolsmith I know things can happen. I made a phone call on the 25th, did a voice mail message for my salesman to get back to me and I was looking for the delivery date. The 25th came and went with no callback. On the 26th I placed another call this time to cancel the order. After a few hours I got a call back, with this amazing reason for the delay. It seems someone in Dell had already canceled my order, when I asked why I was told Dell was afraid I was going to use the machine for illegal purposes. When I asked why someone would think that I was told it was because of the name of my business "Weigand Combat Handguns Inc.". Because I am involved in firearms I might be doing something illegal. Now keep in mind I was never called or informed of this decision the order was just canceled. Many of you know me personally and know I run my business about as squeaky clean as possible. In addition being the President of the American Pistolsmiths Guild I am under additional scrutiny as to how I run my business, if I am not clean how can I be the President of an organization that promotes just that! I was informed by a Dell supervisor not long after all of this the reason I was refused was because of their post September 11th policy of screening buyers.
I would like to respectfully ask the firearms community to do the following. If you intended to buy a Dell and because of this letter you do not, email Dell and let them know why. Feel free to distribute this account to all you know in the Firearms community, I think they need to know. I for one am sick and tired of people assuming just because we are involved with firearms that we are doing something illegal. I also do not believe Dell deserves our business if this is how they intend to treat us."
God Bless
Jack Weigand
President
American Pistolsmiths Guild Inc.

Weigand Combat Handguns Inc. http://www.jackweigand.com

#7 ·
Thanks gunnysmith.

My home County is getting a Dell - plant. It will provide jobs and new business opportunities. I would hate to think they were opposed to people exercising rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment.

#8 ·
Why would anyone want to buy their poorly made pieces of crap anyhow?
The heat sink fell off my brothers CPU because they did not install it properly.

They don't use a standard power supply hook up on their mother boards so if you attempt to install the board into another case or install a different power supply you stand a very good chance of frying the board. They also use the absolute lowest grade components possible.

packratt

#9 ·
packratt said:
The heat sink fell off my brothers CPU because they did not install it properly.

They don't use a standard power supply hook up on their mother boards so if you attempt to install the board into another case or install a different power supply you stand a very good chance of frying the board. They also use the absolute lowest grade components possible.

packratt
LOL, I also have a buddy who's probably spent over 20hrs talking to Customer Service,"India" trying to solve a problem. Boy is he upset.

I did a search of this story myself
and it looks like it did get blown outta proportion. Sorry guy's!

#10 ·
packratt said:

packratt
I have a whole room full of Dells at school and don't have a problem with any of them. I am typing on my brand new (X-mas present from my SO) Dell Inspiron laptop and absolutely love it. I have no complaints with Dell's quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.