Gunco Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The newest Democrat mantra is Republicans won the election on a wave of homophobia. They point to initiatives on 11 State ballots declaring that the institution of marriage is between one man and one woman, hardly an attack on homosexuals. In any event, Dems claim the initiatives increased the number of evangelicals voting.

My immediate reaction was that the Democrats were demanding evereyone vote. Remember the Vote or Die campaign? Weren't they including Evangelicals?

Then, I remembered how the Democrats tried to boost voting in the 18-24 age group, which traditionally favors their Party. They initiated a fear campaign, claiming the Bush Administration had a secret plan to renew the Draft. There was actually a Bill in the House to do just that. It was sponsored by Kerry supporter and Democrat Congressman, Charlie Rengel.

There lay another difference between the two Parties. The 11 State initiatives arose from an actual event, which had nothing to do with George Bush. It was caused by a liberal Massachusetts Supreme Court ruling. On the other hand, the bogus Draft issue was initiated by the Democrats.

I guess it's another example of the pot calling the kettle black?

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
AClay47 said:
My immediate reaction was that the Democrats were demanding evereyone vote. Remember the Vote or Die campaign? Weren't they including Evangelicals?
It only included them if they were voting for the dimocraps. :smoke:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts