Gunco Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to the lexington, n.c. gun show this morning. it's very small. i went to buy some ammo. there were sks's every where...any way, at the classic arms/ assault technologies tables, they had new chiniese sks's still in cosmoline, cai imports, $229.00. he said he found a crate of them. they were the typical spike bayo orange wood........ but, there was one, it had laminate wood, a sort of a greenish and red in the dark grain. i snatched it. it has a triangle 26 mark by the breech. it also has cai and ks 7.62 on the barrel. also a blade bayonet.
this sucker has some hard dryed-up cosmoline on it. i'm no sks guru, what did i buy and did i do ok?
oh yea, 7.62x39, $59.95 a case[wolf].

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Yep, I'd say you did very well. The /26\ is my most accurate and best loved SKS.:thumbup1: :thumbup1: :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
What is the adverage price on a chinese /26\ in excellent shape with all matching numbers. I picked up one this weekend and have no idea if the price was good or not.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there where alot of used prebans and postbans in all kinds of configuations running about $175-250. i seen one romy $180, alot of russians,$300-375. one NIB, KBI russian$400. this place is smaller than a basketball court. Winston-Salem is next week.
i guess i'll go back and buy ammo this time $59.95-1000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts