Did ya ever have to buy something.....

715 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Sangrun Hunter 
#1 ·
Well....just because??

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
mbakercad said:
Cool iron! I learned that I'm not good at soldering when attempting to install a mod chip in my playstation :scared:
Hahaha...yeah, I experienced the same thing the first time I tried doing my mod chip. It was the newer ones for the ps2 (external usb) - only one damn wire that needed to be soldered from point a to b. I made a mess and almost ruined the motherboard. Good thing I had 3 PS2s that time...happend to get them from a friend who's shop went out of business...

#5 ·
Co7t said:
Hahaha...yeah, I experienced the same thing the first time I tried doing my mod chip. It was the newer ones for the ps2 (external usb) - only one damn wire that needed to be soldered from point a to b. I made a mess and almost ruined the motherboard. Good thing I had 3 PS2s that time...happend to get them from a friend who's shop went out of business...
Mine was on a PS1. Once we repaired the damage as much as we could, I went to try it out. It played a CDR game without problem. I was so releaved. A few weeks later I tried one of my original games....it did not work. Some how the D thing would not recognize any real PS1 games, only CRD copies :)

#6 ·
Man, I hated those "spider" mod chips - they were the worst for novice solderers (a lot of people). I can't even begin to imagine how many people fubared their ps boards...

mbakercad said:
Mine was on a PS1. Once we repaired the damage as much as we could, I went to try it out. It played a CDR game without problem. I was so releaved. A few weeks later I tried one of my original games....it did not work. Some how the D thing would not recognize any real PS1 games, only CRD copies :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.